300m2, 7.5m frontage lots City Wide in Brisbane Again

Hi all

Attached is the most recent update to the lot sizes for the draft city plan 2014, this has removed the requirements for 300m2 7.5m wide lots to be within 300m2 of centre zoned land.

This could change back again so would not be making purchasing decisions just yet.

Basically as long as your land is not too steep and is not next to a lot smaller than 400m2 you should be meet the criteria for the new small lots. This means all of those 600m2 15m wide lots become splitters.

Note you do have to get a DA for the houses at the same time.

Again this could change but we are getting close to final version and if this stays it will open up huge opportunities.

Should also say that your neighbourhood plan can over ride this so in some areas you will still have much larger requirements but this will mostly be for in the areas with all large type blocks like gumdale, brookfield etc.

Attachments

• cityplan 2014 draft lot sizes.pdf
    19 KB · Views: 383
So do you mean all 600 m2 blocks and 15m frontage can be split (and not next to a small lot) or only if they are in medium density zoning.

Thanks for updating us. I hope it sticks.

I've got a block in Salisbury on Toorak Rd that's a corner block a bit over 1200m2 with a bit over 30m frontage. So if you only need 300m2 and 7.5m frontages then that would be 4 blocks instead of 3... Would that potentially be possible if this new city plan goes through?

Thanks for updating us. I hope it sticks.

I've got a block in Salisbury on Toorak Rd that's a corner block a bit over 1200m2 with a bit over 30m frontage. So if you only need 300m2 and 7.5m frontages then that would be 4 blocks instead of 3... Would that potentially be possible if this new city plan goes through?

Looks very possible.

Hi Darryl. You know our double block at Coorparoo from previous discussions. I've recently noticed there is a side by side block in the same street where they've run a driveway between the existing houses to the newly created back block. The driveway is fenced of and the fence comes within inches of the houses (not sure how they got away with that?). That all happened a couple of years ago, and then it all stopped.

Just recently, four townhouses have gone into the new block created from the back yards.

Would our back to back properties with same land content (but two street access, and 15m wide frontage on each street) have the same capacity to hold four townhouses?

You once suggested we could possibly put two houses into the back yards of our double block (meaning four houses where two currently sit), and I wonder if the changes now mean someone could put four townhouses into the middle. I'm wondering if the four townhouses up the hill would have been allowed a couple of years ago or if the change to the town plan means they were allowed more density than when it first was started?

We would not do this, but with the Brisbane market starting to move, I'm wondering if now is the time for us to look at reconfiguring the two blocks into three, sell the large middle block to someone who wishes to build four townhouses.

That would allow us to reduce our debt but keep the houses on both streets which would continue to provide rental income for us.

this would open opportunities in BNE as its' increasingly difficult to find those 800m2 with 20m frontages.

Question:
1. Is this only draft for BCC? Logan, Ipswich and other Councils may differ?
2. the splitter is a line in middle of a regular rectangular 600m2 15m frontage block. Battle axe splitter does not meet the requirement. Corner block have flexible option and meet 15m anyway you dice it.
3. The zoning can be LDR or LMR or Character residential?

Looks very possible.

Thanks for the reply. Boy if this goes ahead that would just be awesome. I took another look, we would have 4 blocks at 300m2 with 9-10m frontages...

When do you expect the draft plan to be final?

Hi Darryl. I've recently noticed there is a side by side block in the same street where they've run a driveway between the existing houses to the newly created back block. The driveway is fenced of and the fence comes within inches of the houses (not sure how they got away with that?). That all happened a couple of years ago, and then it all stopped.

Just recently, four townhouses have gone into the new block created from the back yards.

I was quite impressed with how much they fitted into the rear block.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Darryl. You know our double block at Coorparoo from previous discussions. I've recently noticed there is a side by side block in the same street where they've run a driveway between the existing houses to the newly created back block. The driveway is fenced of and the fence comes within inches of the houses (not sure how they got away with that?). That all happened a couple of years ago, and then it all stopped.

Would our back to back properties with same land content (but two street access, and 15m wide frontage on each street) have the same capacity to hold four townhouses?

You once suggested we could possibly put two houses into the back yards of our double block (meaning four houses where two currently sit), and I wonder if the changes now mean someone could put four townhouses into the middle. I'm wondering if the four townhouses up the hill would have been allowed a couple of years ago or if the change to the town plan means they were allowed more density than when it first was started?

We would not do this, but with the Brisbane market starting to move, I'm wondering if now is the time for us to look at reconfiguring the two blocks into three, sell the large middle block to someone who wishes to build four townhouses.

That would allow us to reduce our debt but keep the houses on both streets which would continue to provide rental income for us.

Hi Wylie

1st week of new practice so a little under the pump this week and not quite on top of posts.

Your block will be zoned CR2 Character Residential Infill 300m2 min for front and 400m2 for rear.

You have a dwelling density of 1 per 300m2 for multiple dwellings so it could be possible. Your block would allow 6 then at a glance, so 4 in the middle seems reasonable. Would need to have a proper look at it again to determine.

Thanks for the reply. Boy if this goes ahead that would just be awesome. I took another look, we would have 4 blocks at 300m2 with 9-10m frontages...

When do you expect the draft plan to be final?

February I am told.

But it was originally called City Plan 2012, so we will have to wait and see.

Thanks Darryl :D.

I plan to see how the market goes over the next year and try to decide which way we head.

Good idea.

My impression is that we are just starting to build. Development sites you couldn't move a year ago are all gone.

I am looking at buying a large parcel of land currently zoned EM (Environmental management) but bordering on areas that are LDR (Low density residential).

Does this push to increase density reduce the likelihood that EM areas will be re-zoned to LDR any time soon?

I am looking at buying a large parcel of land currently zoned EM (Environmental management) but bordering on areas that are LDR (Low density residential).

Does this push to increase density reduce the likelihood that EM areas will be re-zoned to LDR any time soon?

Look at in the new draft mapping
http://draftnewcityplanmaps.brisbane.qld.gov.au/CityPlan/

If it is not going to be changed this time around I am guessing it will be 10 years at least until the next bite of the cherry.

Thanks Daryl. The place I was contemplating demolishing in Gearside St has disappeared off the Net since my Broker got back to me. Grr.

Very interesting that they have changed back after consultation is over. A quick browse doesn't show up many 600m+ easy splitters at reasonable cost in my preferred locations (brisbane south within 10k of cbd) on realestate. Com. But I just might start hunting a little harder.

So I guess a 594m2 block with 2 street access still couldn't be split under the new proposals?

Back