300m2, 7.5m frontage lots City Wide in Brisbane Again

Assuming a builder could fit four townhouses between the DCP houses on our 1816sqm block, would that change if we reconfigure the two blocks into three, and keep the middle block as big as we can including a driveway to the street? Or would they need to keep one of the houses as part of the townhouse development in order to fit this many on?

We could do this so we have a "ready to sell block", but if the total value of two small blocks with houses plus large vacant block is not worth considerably more than two large blocks with houses that have enough land to renovate and add a pool, then we are wasting our money.

This always stumps me, which is why we do nothing... :p

has anyone here seen a map that shows the Brisbane City Council boundaries? I cant see one on their website.

Ideally Id like a large map of Brisbane that shows Brisbane city council as well as Redland and moreton.

has anyone here seen a map that shows the Brisbane City Council boundaries? I cant see one on their website.

Ideally Id like a large map of Brisbane that shows Brisbane city council as well as Redland and moreton.

I think one of the link Darryl gave has a link to pdonline that has BCC boundaries

I am confused by this information. Does the OP mean that anyone who has a 600sqm block anywhere in Brisbane CC (provided it doesn't have DCP) can split the block into two widow blocks? Or does this just relates to various suburbs, areas?

You do NOT want a widow block. They are the post-war triangular ones that are useless.

But good question, I was thinking the same myself.

I thought widow blocks are the ones where you have a long rectangular block that you split down the middle, so clearly you couldn't do that with an irregular shaped block, it would have to be 300sqm one side and 300 sq m the oteher, two identical long skinny blocks.

As most properties I have seen are smack bang in the middle of the block, the house would have to be removed.

BAD NEWS

Back to 200m from Centre Zoned Land again.

Still time to go back the otherway again.

Updated table attached

Attachments

• Subdivisioncode94103AB.pdf
    49.1 KB · Views: 264
so you'd need a minimum of 1050sqm block to subdivide?

Low Density
If you are within 200m of Centre Zoned land then you can subdivide a 600m block into 300m2 blocks with a 7.5m average width. For a front to rear subdivision it is a 700m block and 300m2 front and 400m2 rear (with an easement over the 300m2 block for access).

If not then it is going to be basically the same as now, for a side by side you need an 800m block to subdivide. However, you could do a 450m2 and 350m2. For a front to back you need a 1000m2 to do a 400m2 front and a 600m2 rear (easement as above).

CR2 - Character Residential infill

300m2 front lots and 400m2 rear lots, so 600m2 min side by side and 700m2 back to front.

LMR1 and 2 - Low-Medium Residential 2 storey mix and 2 or 3 storey mix

260m2 front lots, 350m2 rear lots, so 520m2 min side by side or 610m2 min front to back

LMR3 -Low-Medium Residential 3 Storey

180m2 front lots and 350m2 rear lots, so 360m2 min side by side or 530m2 min front to back (not sure how you would fit in the easement for access though)

si 200m from a walkzone what would the options be for a 923m2 block 60m x 15.3 wide. Could you battleaxe it and how big would the front and back block need be minimum size in the new draft?

Back