Yes!! We got unconditional approval! 4 villa development in Gwelup WA

Having a read of that .pdf on 33 Windsor, it almost seems too good to be true. Others more familiar have an opinion?

I think it has merit as a way to passively get into a development. I have been on a teleconference with EOS and they seem to know their stuff. Personally I prefer the opportunities like this in Perth, ahead of the studio apartments they are doing in the Pilbarra.

Definitely a better opprtunity than just buying off the plan as most people do.

The numbers seem to stack up ok.

Mattz,
For me the issue I have with this type of project is Lack of control, this is something that worries me. If project blows out your profit shrinks.

Also I think they have been doing this for 18 months, not that long. I guess one could look at previous completed projects, could be an issue if no projects to view.

I am not saying it is good or bad, just some of my immediate thoughts. This group may be great, but for me personally I do not see this JV as a great opportunity for reasons mentioned above.

Cheers MTR

Last edited:
Mattz,
For me the issue I have with this type of project is Lack of control, this is something that worries me. If project blows out your profit shrinks.

Also I think they have been doing this for 18 months, not that long. I guess one could look at previous completed projects, could be an issue if no projects to view.

I am not saying it is good or bad, just some of my immediate thoughts. This group may be great, but for me personally I do not see this JV as a great opportunity for reasons mentioned above.

Cheers MTR

that's why god invented fixed price contracts!!! :cool:

Mattz,

Cheers MTR

It is actually quite the opposite, MTR.
The Joint Venture has ultimate control over the project at all times. We merely act on behalf of the Joint Venture to a pre-agreed strategy.
At any time the Joint Venture does not like what is happening, they are able to meet and resolve to take whichever path they feel appropriate.

Boods

Having a read of that .pdf on 33 Windsor, it almost seems too good to be true. Others more familiar have an opinion?

That is often the feedback received, however you need to understand that it is a property development, and with that comes myriad risks, many we are unable to mitigate 100%, hence the high returns. It is true that property development is not for everyone, and does not necessarily suit everyone's risk profiles.

Boods

DA is finally approved so it's time for my builder to do working drawings and submit for building license.

City of Stirling are changing their policy from 20 working days in DA queue before it gets assigned to a planner to 40 working days !!:eek:!! They are even more swamped than before. I was lucky to get away with 20 days. It's now 2 months before anyone can even look at your file.

DA is finally approved so it's time for my builder to do working drawings and submit for building license.

City of Stirling are changing their policy from 20 working days in DA queue before it gets assigned to a planner to 40 working days !!:eek:!! They are even more swamped than before. I was lucky to get away with 20 days. It's now 2 months before anyone can even look at your file.

Well done Westminster
City of Stirling are starting to operate a little like the shire of Roebourne at the moment!

Boods

It is actually quite the opposite, MTR.
The Joint Venture has ultimate control over the project at all times. We merely act on behalf of the Joint Venture to a pre-agreed strategy.
At any time the Joint Venture does not like what is happening, they are able to meet and resolve to take whichever path they feel appropriate.

Boods

Hi Boods
Thanks for the feedback.

I think the inner city market for this type of product is a great market, would like to know more on your completed projects, how they stacked up.

Cheers, MTR

Last edited:

Sorry for hijacking your post, back to Gwelup, great work, keep posting.

Thanks, MTR

Bayswater council sent me one out, I refused to pay it as the clause that affected my property did not make sense.

Same thing you need a firebreak, but my block is under the size needed for that.

I said I wanted to go to court, last I heard from them.

I heard that they dont have the jurisdiction to impose these fines and they are just trying it on, when you think about it FESA should be issuing them not the council but I'm not too sure on that.

Chomp

Back