Perth property listings - under 9,000

Am told Morley is really slowing down, this was very hot market only a couple of months ago. I expect we will now see villas stay on the market for longer now, perhaps a drop? Not sure, location is still popular.

Its amazing how markets can turn very quickly.

Easiest sign that you are a thread hog and share too much? You can't fit everything into you sig.
I just spent 10 minutes trying to put everything into my sig and not go over the 3 line limit.
Still one more project to come but I don't know if there will be a thread on that - it's a JVP so it's something I need to clear with the other parties.

Start one new thread (thread A) with links to all the others, you can even link new development threads into that one along with the older ones. Then add that one new thread (Thread A) to your signature ;)

Easiest sign that you are a thread hog and share too much? You can't fit everything into you sig.
I just spent 10 minutes trying to put everything into my sig and not go over the 3 line limit.
Still one more project to come but I don't know if there will be a thread on that - it's a JVP so it's something I need to clear with the other parties.

How do you make a link in you sig as a word, as opposed to the whole link?

Am told Morley is really slowing down, this was very hot market only a couple of months ago. I expect we will now see villas stay on the market for longer now, perhaps a drop? Not sure, location is still popular.

Its amazing how markets can turn very quickly.

Yes, true! Getting my act together :)
It looks like a new Catholic high school will be built on Morley Drive beside Kiara police station, new fire station and Good Shepherd Primary. Hopefully that will keep the market alive.

there can be worse things than buying stock from distressed developers...markets within markets etc. The prices for places like morley and Nollamara etc were getting ridiculous anyways, it really is no surprise that there is better value to be found elsewhere

The trend is holding, listings continue to rise in both houses for sale and also rent. Prices are also starting to soften on average across the metro area. If this trend continues over the course of the year a few reasonable buying opportunities may start to develop.

Listed For Sale
House Units Land Total
7,097 2,413 1,428 10,938

4 weeks ago 10,508
Same week last year 8,914

Listed For Rent 5,827
4 weeks ago 5,331
Same week last year 4,077

3 Months to May 2014
Median Rent: $450/wk
Vacancy Rate: 4.0%

There are always buying opportunities even in a hot market, friend just purchased a potential development site for I believe $60K under market value, out of area agent, he had so many offers and still stuffed up. Don't you just love it:)

Can anyone explain why the median prices are not going up (maybe by not much)?

Sure thing... there has not been as many sales above the median price, as those below it. As you know median price is the middle number of sales.. it is not the average price.

I actually thing we will see the median decrease in the short term or just stay steady. FHB have dropped off significantly compared to 6-12 months ago.

I actually thing we will see the median decrease in the short term or just stay steady. FHB have dropped off significantly compared to 6-12 months ago.

doesn't that bode for an increase in the median?

actually there is a low threshold which may see it dragged down

doesn't that bode for an increase in the median?

actually there is a low threshold which may see it dragged down

Yes, it will be dragged down, I hope not though, I am planning to sell a few this year, will be around $500K market so hopefully this is still a sweet spot.

Yes, it will be dragged down, I hope not though, I am planning to sell a few this year, will be around $500K market so hopefully this is still a sweet spot.

that's if they can find something to buy for that money...what is it $350k or something?

Back