Ladies over 35, would this offend you?

Ladies, what would be your reaction

• I don't know what it means

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • I would be mortified

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • I'd give him a clip around the ears for being fresh & it would end there

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • It's a compliment. I'd be secretly thrilled.

Votes: 31 63.3%

• Total voters
It's a stupid term for an adult to use. It may have been cool for about a month after the movie American Pie came out.

Thank god she can't read minds though. She'd be crying all day if she knew what guys were really thinking.

Just a crude bogan compliment IMHO. I would have just brushed it off.
Believe it or not; but it's not a bogan-only statement.

It's commonplace these days.

There's also GILF. (if you like older women)

I would have thought that most women (and men) would love to be admired by the opposite sex.

Many say they don't - but I reckon they secretly do.

It annoys me how celebs and actors say they don't do it for the money, or don't want to be known as a sex symbol, and so on....come on, enough with the BS.

I voted that I'd be thrilled, but that is sort of on a very basic level, that someone thinks I'm a good sort.

But like any negative or positive comment about me, so much would depend on who said it, whether it was said tongue in cheek etc.

I do remember the first time I heard of it was when some of the grade twelve mates of a friend's daughter told her that her mother (on tuckshop that day) was a MILF. She told me what it meant, laughed about it, was secretly pleased and didn't take it too seriously. I remember thinking "so... what's wrong with me?" and wondered if I needed to tart myself up a bit for tuckshop :D:p

So much depends on the setting, the tone, who says it... the "vibe" if you like :).

I'd be quietly amused, and forget about it (depending on all the above).

I am not a lady and I won't say it to any ladies, but I reckon it is a compliment! It seems to mean " you may be older, but you are unbelievably good looking" :D

I am not a lady and I won't say it to any ladies, but I reckon it is a compliment! It seems to mean " you may be older, but you are unbelievably good looking" :D

I recently met an absolute gorgeous lady , she was 35, stunning, and was gaga over me, only problem she was GILF, G standing for Granny

did my head in, no thanks

I'm certainly over 35 and would be thrilled if someone thought I was a MILF! :D

I know the literal translation is crude but the intent is that the male thinks you're hot. What's not to like about that!

Geez, whatever happened to a bit of old fashioned male/female cheeky banter with or without sexual overtones. Oh that's right - political/legal correctness gone mad.

Men aren't supposed to show any appreciation for the female form anymore and for the poor fool who does the women has to be all offended and disgusted and he'll be in strife if she reports him.

It's a wonder singles hook up at all nowadays when they can barely give off any signals!

DH is on enough forums to be familiar with it but thought it was more literal at the beginning of it's usage and now is more common. The first time I was called a MILF I think was on here of all places!
I was a little mortified and checked that the person didn't mean it literally then took it as a compliment.
My MILF qualities are more investment and portfolio related I suspect but hey whatever :)

Back