An interview with monalisa and MsAli

Thanks MIW :).

I reckon challenges and learning from them makes you wise. Life keeps repeating lessons you do not learn so we made a conscious decision to learn from the lessons the Universe was presenting us with. Often lessons are painful and never a walk in the park but make you resilient. They aren't necessarily related to property but end up impacting everything we do including property. It is nicer (and less painful in the long term) to be responsible as opposed to being a victim and then realise it much later in life and we are grateful to have had the realisation early on. Some people go one from year to year of their life, repeating the same patterns but never really stopping to learn from them...but I guess my take is, why not change it for the better. If one believes in a Higher Power of the Universe (and most on this "personal journey" as you describe do believe in one) the path may be much more abundant and flowing. We can't always control life circumstances but what I can declare is the next five years are going to be the best years of my life (as Louise Hay in her movie You Can Heal Your Life declared the 80th decade of her life was going to be the best decade of her life).

Challenges come and go...but what else can you do than learn from them? I'm not yet sure of the purpose of human existence and why we are here. If life is from point A to point B then why not go for all your dreams? Why settle for less? Why not be empowered? Why not empower others? Why not shine your own light to give others a permission to do the same (as Marianne Williamson says)? Often we get told in this world to "hide" the good we have done to change our own lives, but shouldn't it be the other way round? Whenever I read the paper it talks about murder trials, theft, drugs and about how someone "died after a long battle with cancer". But they never say..."Hey look at this person, they just healed their life long anxiety and depression and here they are helping others do the same so everybody can stand in the world in their full POWER" OR say "So and so healed themselves of cancer today...what a win. If they can do it so can we!"...Never empowering. This has to change. The outer world is a reflection of the inner world and I reckon once the internal paradigm for all of us as a population of this world changes, the wars will end, the media will report wins and not losses....Everyone in the world will truly show up and we'd have a prosperous and healed world...

Wow, very inspiring to see you moved when you were like our age when we moved, worked in IT and then switched!

Agreed, those who choose too believe will see Australia as a lucky country. It's a mindset I reckon...It's hard to get out once you have stepped into this side of the prosperous mental landscape!

Thank you again!

MIW, thank you for your kind words :)

It is so true, you have to believe it to see it! As MsAli said, next five years of our lives will be the best years of our lives so far. We are very excited, and looking forward to how it will all shape up.

Great interview ladies. I bought my first property at your age and 12 years later I now realise what a big deal it was to have an investor mindset so young. I remember having to take random male friends to property inspections so that the agents would talk to me (ok talk to him). Together and singularly you will both be very successful in any ventures you put you mind and hearts to.

Great interview ladies. I bought my first property at your age and 12 years later I now realise what a big deal it was to have an investor mindset so young. I remember having to take random male friends to property inspections so that the agents would talk to me (ok talk to him). Together and singularly you will both be very successful in any ventures you put you mind and hearts to.

Thank you beachgurl! It's great that you realise...I reckon agents may have changed now but tradies havent!!

You know what I have found that is interesting is that we have had male friends tell us...you have one property why buy more? Why don't you settle down?...Why are you sharing your successes on FB? (noting only a FEW people on FB friends could see what we shared) - Now he cannot view those! And also finally after 2 years of his purchase told us he bought a place two LONG years ago for $350k, 30 years old, renting for $350...No rent reviews, no idea where the market is...and here is someone advising us about OUR FINANCIAL FUTURE....:rolleyes:

Thanks beachgurl...that is encouraging!!!

well done on starting earlier, I wish I did

I looked at buying my first property when i was 21, I did heaps of due diligence, about to put in a few offers

but ended up listening to my mother who said "dont buy property, the market is about to crash"

now 10 years later, she is STILL saying that the market will crash, took me 10 years to buy my first IP, biggest mistake to wait this long

Congrats on the recent purchase. I'll flick an email back tomorrow if I get time. I've a few ideas on how you can start advising, or assisting buyers.

any chance we could see a pic of you girls so I can see who is the evil one :)

o0o sorry but that's been the most annoying (evil twin) question we've been asked over the years...:(

Neither of us are evil... would be my answer :)

okay okay...here you go...

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 77
Haha dunno...found it a while ago and used it on our vision board :)

Oh and for auction....yeh haven't done that yet - we might :)

o0o sorry but that's been the most annoying (evil twin) question we've been asked over the years...:(

Neither of us are evil... would be my answer :)

hmm it looks like you're a bit reluctant to admit it but statistically speaking the first born tends to be more evil. The girl on the right looks a bit taller so I'll have to guess this is the evil one.

Back