What are your plans for 2015

I will go back and revisit 2014 to see how I did (if I tried to use my crystal ball at all at the beginning!) but for now let's look into the murky swirling mysts of the 2015 crystal ball

I predict 2015 to be a massive year for me.
- get building license and 3 apartments in Highgate WA to site
- get the DA for Highgate WA 4 houses that was lodged late 2014 approved, building license and to site
- get the DA for Blackminster Mindarie 4 apartments approval and to site and SOLD OTP
- get DA for 5 townhouses in North Perth then sit on it to stagger work
- get DA for 6 apartments in North Perth then sit on it to stagger work
- wait for preliminary report from WAPC to come out and see if the City of Vincent Town Planning Rezoning is going ahead. Then get DA for North Peth mixed use project of commercial and 4-5 apartments above

- get my REA license so I can be offer BA services as part of my development consultant business.

I don't know if I will buy anything in 2015. I'll see what the market is doing and if something I like comes up.

In general life we will start building our PPOR, continue our semi retirement (aka working for myself in pyjamas), travel to Hong Kong and some other travel trips I haven't schemed up yet.

- Finish 26 unit development
- Travel
- Turn 31 yrs old
- Buy a new PPOR
- Buy new car
- Give atleast 10% of profits of unit development to charity
- Sell some of property portfolio atleast 5m worth
- Learn/Study something new for fun
- Have child number 4
- Get a dog when new PPOR is purchased
- Stay healthy

Holy moly, might be time for an interview with you. Great work!

- Finish 26 unit development
- Travel
- Turn 31 yrs old
- Buy a new PPOR
- Buy new car
- Give atleast 10% of profits of unit development to charity
- Sell some of property portfolio atleast 5m worth
- Learn/Study something new for fun
- Have child number 4
- Get a dog when new PPOR is purchased
- Stay healthy

Interesting - I would be interested hearing more about your 26unit dev. New thread?

Blacky

I'm the same as woz, I want to use equity from my ppor to start investing in property. Possible an old house or unit that needs a small Reno.

- book in with buyers agent to discuss my goals
- pay down some loans
- go back to Fiji
- start my 2nd business (almost ready to go)
- get my ppor rendered
- possibly put 2nd driveway in my ppor
- work smarter not harder
- hopefully all recovered from injury and back at work in February
- finish painting aluminium windows in my ppor

I hope 2015 is going to be my year to get back on track for my goals.
2014 has been pretty ordinary in some ways

The builders licence will cost me $5k but I'm not sure if it is going to be useful at the moment until I start doing a development which won't be for a few years

2015 will be a year of much reduced income (maternity leave) so probably no purchases for me :(

Plan is to:
- learn technical analysis trading
- purchase a property and some shares/ETFs in SMSF
- continue PPOR renovations, a room or two, structural beams & maybe a fence
- sell both cars and buy 4WD
- sell Sydney property

Pretty quiet compared to some of the plans posted! Westminster, looking at you ;)

Plans for 2015

-buy IP2 Jan-April
-buy IP3 May-July
-complete PPOR renovations
-reval PPOR after renovation complete August
-buy IP4 Aug-Oct
-continue to support daughter through her illness
-celebrate my daughters 18th
-continue to work on work/life balance
-work on connecting with my sister
-lose 5kgs
-have fun and smile more..

Silent - impressive, what a full life! Nice to see charity in your list
Coota9 - prayers for your daughters recovery

Personal Goals

- Cease traveling (did 4 months in 7 countries in 2014)
- Start full time job 5th Jan (no full-time employment past 2 years)
- Continue to get rid of personal crap (funded 4 months travel by selling off crap!)
- Invest in physical, mental, spiritual health

Property Goals

- Purchase a PPOR in Cairns
- Purchase IP2 outside of Cairns

The builders licence will cost me $5k but I'm not sure if it is going to be useful at the moment until I start doing a development which won't be for a few years

What do you need to do to get your builders licence in NSW? Why does it cost $5k?

Ajb in nsw if you have a certain amount of experience there are companies which are rpl companies (recognition of prior learning). They require you to have completed cert 1-3 in carpentry and a minimum of 5 years on site experience.

They are offering builders licence recognised by fair trading to be completed in min 1 day depending how quick you can get required documents together as opposed to 2 years 3nights per week at a tafe institute.

I have completed the required Certs in carpentry and have 14 years on site experience.

If you do it at a tafe I think it is still$2500. I don't know why you would want to sit in a class room for a further 2 years when you can get it in one day with no test for an extra fee.

2015 is a year of debt reduction. Have some plans in that space starting early in the new year.

Will finish my ongoing backyard landscaping project (I may have said this last year).

No property purchases planned, however renovations on current properties likely.

Son will turn 21 and finish uni...maybe (read hopefully) his last year living at home. He's talking of moving to Sydney in 2016.

Take part in Frocktober again ( http://ocrf.com.au/about-the-ocrf/news-events/detail/get-your-frock-on-this-frocktober/ ).

Tell my family I love them more often. Like Coota, also reconnecting with my sister after a long falling out. Spending xmas lunch with her for the first time in 16 years.

Back