"The Interview" - Somersoft Style

Would you like to see "The Interview" - Somersoft Style?

• Yes, I think it would be a useful addition to the forum

Votes: 91 95.8%
  • No, don't do it. Btw. Pitt St, your ideas suck.

Votes: 4 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe you could set it up so that anyone and everyone can undertake the interview, at their leisure. That way we start to build up a database of interviews of all members on the forum. THAT would be great. If you stumble across a thread and think that this person seems to know what they're talking about you could research that individual further by having a look at their interview response.
I'm sure we'd all be happy to share whatever we can... after all, we're here arent' we :)
Getting the questions right will be the hard part.

oc1 said:
I bought the July issue today. It reminded me why I haven't purchased any since last year!

Oscar

Same here.

I usually read at the stands before I buy and have not found one that's worth while for keeps.

I reckon it's a decent idea and, taking a sneak peak at Mark's questions, that they're a good set to start with.

Let's not waste time talking about which questions to ask (no camels please) - use Mark's initial list and modify it as appropriate over time based on feedback.

This is the web, it's not a commercial concern and we don't need to have the perfect set of questions on day one - the biggest risk, as usual, is to NOT start.

So Mark, are you prepared to chat to the mods and organise a 'stories' board where these can be captured - I'd recommend only mods allowed to start threads (when posting the stories). Mark can approach people to submit answers and the community should also be able to nominate who they'd like to hear from.

Of course all nominated/selected posters retain the right to choose not to provide some or all answers and to not respond to feedback. Somersoft and it's contributors have no right or power to demand or force answers of people and overwhelmingly we all have a right to privacy and to choose the level at which we contribute to the forum.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

I'm with acey, just jump in and start, it's a good idea so run with it.

Being able to vote on who to interview would be great.

Might have to do one a week or fortnight to start with.

Cheers
quoll

Following the positive response I PM'ed Ian Somers (as site owner), Sim (as site administrator) and all super-moderators and moderators.

I believe they are now discussing the idea and alternatives to implement it as we speak.

Thanks for the support.

It's now over to the powers that be to see what happens next.

Mark

Mr Jan Somersoft

I must say it does feel very good to hear from the man himself. One thing I got was that he sounds like he is still investing and hasn't finished :eek: Which is why he is where he is.

Thanks Mark and everyone else involved this will definitely be a valuable resource for us starting the journey.

hi all
very interesting first interview.
thanks to all for making this page
it will be a very valuable information tool and look forward to the next one.

Mr PIA

Thankyou for such an enjoyable interview. I especially loved Ian's description of his PPOR as a "beach shack". Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

I would have liked to hear the story associated with obtaining the "beach shack", as your own home is always the most important part of any portfolio.:)

A public thanks to Ruby and Ian Somers

Ian was kind enough to agree to be the first interviewee. It was only appropriate that he be approached, but I'm still a bit shocked he said yes.

And Ruby has taken ownership of the interviews and will be their co-ordinator. It's a position that will require alot of grace and tact - which is exactly why I'm not doing it.

Mark

Pitt St said:
And Ruby has taken ownership of the interviews and will be their co-ordinator. It's a position that will require alot of grace and tact - which is exactly why I'm not doing it.

Mark

That made me giggle:D

Pitt St said:
And Ruby has taken ownership of the interviews and will be their co-ordinator.

Only because you wouldn't do it Mark. :p

Thanks for your continued help though......its much appreciated. It was a great idea and hopefully everyone gains a lot from them.

ani said:
That made me giggle

Are you trying to say I don't have grace and tact ani? :p

Ruby :)

Back