Thank you Political Correctness

Because he was Austrian?

Hahaha, maybe! I worked with a German dude for a while, good dude. One time I made a Nazi joke and he got really upset, as in 'five minute lecture' upset. Even after I tried to explain to him it was only a joke and that my grandparents were sent to the camps in WW2, he wouldn't have a bar of it.

That would have likely caused an uproar too. Dressing as Hitler for a costume party is a big no-no, just ask Prince Harry. It's actually illegal in several European countries including France and Germany.

ok fair enough, good point,

What about ivan milat or andrew bryant, where do you draw the line?

Where you draw the line is that you do what you want to do (as long as it isn't illegal) and if people get upset, then they get upset. You don't control other peoples' emotions.

Hahaha, maybe! I worked with a German dude for a while, good dude. One time I made a Nazi joke and he got really upset, as in 'five minute lecture' upset. Even after I tried to explain to him it was only a joke and that my grandparents were sent to the camps in WW2, he wouldn't have a bar of it.

You sound like the sort of chap to make jokes about bombs and jihad to aircrew in a plane? Really, its not funny. Be nice, Mr Fab.

It took decades for the authorities to chase-up Jimmy Saville and Rolf Harris. This case is no different.

But why bring political correctness into it? This is about a bunch of evil men. Their background is irrelevant. Lock em up, throw away the key. Skin em alive - it's what they deserve.

Before we Aussies start to think that we have a monopoly on all moral virtue, here is another sordid and infamous story, this time from home:

http://www.news.com.au/national/inc...d-kidnap-attempt/story-fncynjr2-1227044022716

It gets worse, Cliff Richards also being investigated.

http://thecolemanexperience.wordpre...arthing-nick-ross-and-britains-dirty-secrets/

Given that the events around WWII (ie. the deliberate murder of tens of millions of civilians) literally shook the foundations of humanity, I can understand their sensitivity.

And many of the people involved, on all sides, are either still alive or closely related to those who were.

It'd be like making dead baby jokes to someone who just experienced stillbirth or SIDs.

Given that the events around WWII (ie. the deliberate murder of tens of millions of civilians) literally shook the foundations of humanity, I can understand their sensitivity.

That argument would make sense if he was on the other side, but he was their leader, not some outsider.

You sound like the sort of chap to make jokes about bombs and jihad to aircrew in a plane? Really, its not funny. Be nice, Mr Fab.

Hi grand dad, I'll tell you the same thing I tell everyone else that tries to control how I express myself: I am not responsible for your emotions.

My politics are (mostly) Far Left, but I have no compassion whatsoever for anyone involved in this, including the report writers. I hope they all suffer the most egregious harm to their person anyone could possibly imagine in their worst nightmares.

By the way I don't think your views are far Left. Being (small L) liberal is not on that spectrum.

That argument would make sense if he was on the other side, but he was their leader, not some outsider.
Are you talking about dressing up like Hitler or making Hitler jokes? I'd argue that's far worse, since he was literally the embodiment of all the horrible things that happened. I'd be less offended if someone dressed up as a concentration camp inmate or a war criminal, then if they donned a Hitler mask.

Are you talking about dressing up like Hitler or making Hitler jokes? I'd argue that's far worse, since he was literally the embodiment of all the horrible things that happened. I'd be less offended if someone dressed up as a concentration camp inmate or a war criminal, then if they donned a Hitler mask.

Lots of leaders did terrible things. The main reason why he's not shown is because the memory of the atrocities are still very fresh in people's minds. I suspect in another 50 years that will change.

I worked with a Russian guy once,top bloke,very funny and jovial.Loved his vodka and anything i said he took no offence.I once wore a shirt with a fork to work with IT on the bottom,took him awhile to get it but cracked up laughing each time i wore it.Played a joke on him and some of the other crew,i installed a fake camera and said management did it,suffice to say he ripped it out and everyone had a good laugh.I don't think the manager was too impressed.

Back