Somersoft Spreadsheet Collection

Thanks for these excel sheets. These are great. I am going to update mine and will post it when finished.

Regards

Rental Record Calculator

I have attached a rental record calculator that may come in handy. We use it to track tenants in two of our IP's who have been paying literally week by week. I have left figures in tact so you can see how it works.

Regards.

Attachments

• Rental Income Calculator.xls
    34.5 KB · Views: 2,891
This is a really good package spreadsheet, if you put in basic figures it gives you the income down the bottom (it is in fortnightly) plus also includes car salary sacrifice.

I didnt create this myself, provided by KPMG...

ive got a few more i might post up tonight as well

Attachments

• Package estimate spreadsheet.xls
    39 KB · Views: 2,538
Last edited:
This is a Margin Loan Worksheet where MER, Interest and Monthly Fees are paid each month.

Interest is only calculated on an average basis (not takingin to account for days in the month), or where the portfolio is rebalanced. LVR is only new equity to loan borrowed and doesnt included capatial growth, or the loan value to the actual portfolio, only the lending.

If mods feel this isnt complex enough for this section please feel free to delete it...

pm me for any questions

Attachments

• Template MER Paid Monthly.xls
    26 KB · Views: 1,128
Followup..

Does anyone have, or can tell me how to insert, updated tax bracket figures for the spreadsheet "ip holding costs V13 final"

?

Hi Andy,
Which Excel spreadsheet are you referring to? I may be able to update the tax brackets but there are a few different spreadsheets in this thread.

Hi Andy,
I've updated the spreadsheet with the 2007/2008 tax rates. This was only a minor change with the $6,000 - $25,000 bracket in 2006/2007 moving to $6,000 - $30,000 in 2007/2008. Hope this helps. Let me know if there are any problems.
Ben

Attachments

• IP Holding Costs v14 final.zip
    89.9 KB · Views: 2,102
First Home or IP?

Here's a spreadsheet that analyses buying one's first property as a first home or IP (uses Qld stamp duty).

Seems at the end of the first year, one is better off buying as a PPR.
If you want to turn it into an IP, better to do so after 12 mths as PPR.

Note that all levels of govt are looking at making it easier for FHBs, so the calculations in the spreadsheet may be out of date after the 2007 fed election.

Attachments

• PPR or IP.xls
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,236
Here is a little development one i did. Most cells are locked and some take you too certain web sites that can help you define building costs. It was done for a duplex development, mainly looking at whether or not you would be better off as a company or personal for tax purposes.

Attachments

• Profit Margin Calculator.xls
    19 KB · Views: 1,519
Has anyone found software that is anywhere near as good as what Kitdoctor was dreaming of in his earlier post (post 8)??

Kitdoctor said,

"I dream of a super model that would:

1) predict how a portfolio of multiple properties will grow in value
2) examines my serviceability and predicts when I can afford the next property
3) works out my expected income tax liability from year to year

This super model would cater for such variables as:

1) properties bought in different years (in the past and expected in the future) bought on specific dates
2) variations in income tax scales from year to year
3) P&I loans and I/O loans and switching between them, fixed interest loans, variable interest loans
4) adjusting loan interest rates from year to year
5) multiple loans for each property
6) adjusting salary percentage increases from year to year
7) adjusting rent percentage increases from year to year
8) adjusting superannuation contribution rates from year to year
9) adjusting cost increases from year to year
10) works out purchase costs (both property and loan depending on the state)
11) allows for initial cash deposits on propertiews
12) allows for entry of real information (eg from depreciation schedules, tax returns etc which overrides derived or predicted data
13) income from different sources (wages, rents, shares etc)
14) variable capital growth rates for different properties and the ability to vary the capital growth rate from year to year to allow for cycles

Now that's a challenge

Ciao
Kitdoctor"

Would love to know if there is anything that good out there?

MF35

Here's a simple pretty Budget Planner with pie chart.
Allows 'what if' messing with tax deductible investment expenditure.

Attachments

• Budget Planner.xls
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,438
Back