Simple, Healthy and Delicious

I'm referring to the people who said that anything unprocessed is healthy.

I didn't say unprocessed = healthy. Just that it's healthier than processed.

Besides, it's true that MTR's recipe calls for 5tblsp of sugar but it makes nearly half a kilo of sauce! The amount per person is not large, and even so MTR only used 2tblsps. I was merely saying no point in obsessing over it.

Bare in mind your contributing to the culling of Orangutans.

What's wrong with honey as a substitute?

Coconut sugar doesn't impact orangutans. The coconut palm isn't one of the oil palm plants that orangutans rely on.

I prefer honey though because I like supporting the local bees. Bees are important, people.

Ugh out comes the food shaming :mad:

Processed, paleo, sugar, palm oil, sodium, fat, nitrites warriors get a grip.

Sharing a recipe that you enjoy is not someone seeking for your criticism or putdowns over what they like or make.

Sharing an enjoyable recipe or experience is about sharing joy and happiness.

If you read the recipe and don't think it fits your own diet beliefs then don't make it. No need to ***** slap someone for a recipe that has sugar in it.

Sharing a recipe that you enjoy is not someone seeking for your criticism or putdowns over what they like or make.

If you read the recipe and don't think it fits your own diet beliefs then don't make it. No need to ***** slap someone for a recipe that has sugar in it.

^obviously a gluten eater

The Title of the thread does have "Healthy" in it!

But it's everyone's perception of healthy which is different.

I agree that it doesn't need that much sugar but it is healthy compared to many other dishes.

BTW currently cranky pants and loving it as I'm sugar, meat, grains and bloody everything fun free this week :rolleyes:

Bare in mind your contributing to the culling of Orangutans.

What's wrong with honey as a substitute?

No no. You are thinking of palm oil. Coconut sugar is completely different.

Honey has a different flavour. Coconut oil is full of medium chain triglicerides, which are good for you.

Back