Perth property listings - under 9,000

Not Heathridge.

Some agents are working very hard to secure highest price for sellers hoping to attract more clients.

I like the out of area RE agents or lazy RE agents but too many of these around at the moment.

I am trying to secure any development site within 10km from Perth.

MTR

....not a bad pay day for maybe a day's work.

Yes, but its a bit light on, RE agents are killing themselves to try to get listings.

Properties for sale this week Perth Metrp Area = 8,912 (down)
Properties Listed for Rent this week = 2,963 (down)
Perth Metrop Medium Rental figure = $450 p.w. (same)
Perth Metrop Rental Vacancy Rate = 1.9% (up)

Not Heathridge.

Some agents are working very hard to secure highest price for sellers hoping to attract more clients.

I like the out of area RE agents or lazy RE agents but too many of these around at the moment.

I am trying to secure any development site within 10km from Perth.

MTR

Got a spare $1M??? There's an 1800m2 R30 lot in my neighbourhood, 5km from town. River/City views, golf course nearby.

All this talk about easy money is making me jealous. All my props are in NSW bar one in Brissy (just purchased). Market is a tad stronger in Sydney of late but due to interest rates falling (I reckon) - hardly a sound, fundamental driver. I'm pretty much ready to buy again now and wondering which state to buy in. Won't be buying in NSW given large land tax bill.

Not trying to deviate from this thread too much but which cpaital city will take off next: Bris, Syd, Mel, Adelaide or Hobart/Launceston:eek:? Darwin's too high risk for me with existing prices.

Down in Cockburn WA and the new suburbs are not doing too badly. One property down the street got sold two weeks before auction day. another one just one street away got sold after the first home open.

not exactly sure the sellers got the price they wanted but its been a while since properties go quick. maybe the prospect of the aubin grove train station is playing a part.

im guessing maylands. there are soooooo many potential things that could go wrong with that one site

I know the place your talking about too. I'm a little curious as to the downsides that you are talking about?

I do confess that I haven't looked into the land; it is a little above my playing field currently.

All this talk about easy money is making me jealous. All my props are in NSW bar one in Brissy (just purchased). Market is a tad stronger in Sydney of late but due to interest rates falling (I reckon) - hardly a sound, fundamental driver. I'm pretty much ready to buy again now and wondering which state to buy in. Won't be buying in NSW given large land tax bill.

Not trying to deviate from this thread too much but which cpaital city will take off next: Bris, Syd, Mel, Adelaide or Hobart/Launceston:eek:? Darwin's too high risk for me with existing prices.

Brisbane used to follow Sydney upturns by a year, still some really good buying opportunities. There's a few building projects on the horizon for the Commonwealth games, mainly around gold coast but I'm not sure when they will be beggining. Should help the Bris/gold coast economy a bit. One of my properties in Bris has gone up by about 10% in past year and one has gone down about 10% so it's certainly not one market.

it will be very interesting to see the Q1 figures at the end of March

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    526 KB · Views: 120
Ok so I am still learning here - apologies if the answers are common sense / obvious

Properties are selling quickly = prices will go up?

Does that mean it is a good time to buy if you are in a position to do so?

Or does it mean you are too late and should have bough 6-12mths ago.

Ok so I am still learning here - apologies if the answers are common sense / obvious

Properties are selling quickly = prices will go up?

Does that mean it is a good time to buy if you are in a position to do so?

Or does it mean you are too late and should have bough 6-12mths ago.

You wouldn't want to wait too much longer. 6-12 months ago would have been the best, but still OK now.

Properties are being sold with multiple offers, sometimes above the asking price. Listings are down, that's the true indication. Function of people still pricing on "pre boom" basis and people jumping in because there is good value to have.

Wont be long until there is a big shift in prices as sellers realise it's on for young and old and up the prices.

Judging purely on sentiment and investor reactions, I would have to agree the best time was 6-8 months ago when confidence was at its absolute bottom across the country. The market has repriced itself from the trough, but is still far from the peaks. So it's still okay to enter the market.

I say this with no regard to the actual fundamentals of the market, simply looking at it from a short to medium term perspective.

Back