Name for a conveyancing business

Out of curiosity will the changes to electronic convenyancing mean less conveyancers are needed? Just worried it might not be the right time to get into this industry.

In terms of names, pick something easy to spell and easy to google

If you were to google 'melbourne conveyancer' you might as well put that in your name so you get a hit :)

First Melbourne Settlements
First Melbourne Conveyancing

Out of curiosity will the changes to electronic convenyancing mean less conveyancers are needed? Just worried it might not be the right time to get into this industry.

In terms of names, pick something easy to spell and easy to google

If you were to google 'melbourne conveyancer' you might as well put that in your name so you get a hit :)

First Melbourne Settlements
First Melbourne Conveyancing

Correct, less conveyancers needed.

A lot of my conveyancing solicitors time is taken up on the phone to banks trying to book settlements or on the phone to the other side chasing cheque directions or on the phone chasing payout figures or on the phone chasing up available funds.

But the big job cuts are going to be in settlement clerks/ agents.

At a typical settlement you have:
Buyer's solicitor's clerk
Seller's solicitor's clerk
Buyer's bank's agent
Seller's bank's agent

After settlement:
Buyer's solicitor's clerk takes cheque for fees to bank, Buyer's solicitor sends transfer duty cheque to OSR
Seller's solicitor's clerk takes cheque for fees and surplus funds to bank (2 banks if Seller bank is different to solicitor bank)
Buyer's bank's agent takes release of mortgage, transfers & new mortgage to titles office.
Seller's bank's agent takes cheque back to bank

Electronic settlement:
No one attends anywhere
Pexa sucks money out of bank or buyer's solicitors trust account
Pexa pays money to seller's bank, seller (or their solicitor's trust account), OSR, Solicitor's bank accounts for fees.
Pexa registers release of mortgage, transfer, new mortgage electronically.

There will still be matters that don't settle electronically.

I use my own inhouse settlement clerks to go out to settlements, post electronic settlement I believe that will change to clerk and even then it will be a minor part of one person's role

Also am estimating that each conveyancing solicitor will be able to increase their file load by around 25%, but that will remain to be seen.

Am waiting to see what the PEXA settlement fee will be, am guessing it will not be enough for us to drop our prices, though we will if it is. They are currently charging $25 to lodge a mortgage so imagine our fee will be much higher.

Is Precise Conveyancers/Conveyancing taken?

Yes this one is taken, and it seems anything with Conveancing or Conveyancers on the end mean you can't use the other, eg Precise Conveyancing is taken, therefore that cancels out the availability of Precise Conveyancers - suppose it helps with copying a very similar name.

westminster - great question and thanks for your detailed response RPI. My girlfriend is definitely aware of the upcoming electronic settlement so i'll see how she's factored it in. Thanks for the suggestions so far!

Pitstop Conveyancing ?

Legit Conveyancing ?

Shine Conveyancing ?

Humble Conveyancing ?

Friendly Conveyancing ?

Gold Conveyancing ?

Oneshop Conveyancing ?

May be its just me, but I like to see a firstnam and/or Lastname associated with a company that involves legal work. That gives it more credibility.
- Slater and Gordon Lawyers
- Brown & Brown conveyancing
- Matthews & Severson Conveyancers
- Paul Denny Conveyancing

I wanted to suggest Priority Conveyancing but it's taken :eek:

Prominence conveyancing
Preeminent conveyancing
Primacy conveyancing
Precedence conveyancing
Provident conveyancing
Distinctive conveyancers
Distinction conveyancing