Farewell from WW

Agreed!

I may be wrong, but my perception is that the mods usually only step in when such discussion degenerates, as too frequently seems to be the case, into totally unnecessary personal attacks. If I am mistaken, then please feel free to point out an example of moderation which related solely to polite expression of a contrary viewpoint.

There's a difference between saying "property's a hopeless investment", and "if you think property's a good investment then your lack of education is showing, and your children will be as stupid as you are". (Or whatever.) I'm not good at thinking up insults - perhaps I need practise! :p :D

spot on i think this is the jist of it.
Its a bit like parents with some squabbling kids, send each off to their respective bedrooms to calm down first.

I think both these guys have left before and popped back up with different user names after a break away.

I have been here for a while now and seen this happen quite a few times.

These long farewell posts are usually a part of it.

I think both these guys have left before and popped back up with different user names after a break away. I have been here for a while now and seen this happen quite a few times.These long farewell posts are usually a part of it.

I may have wrongly attributed WW's behavior to what I regarded as his clinically depressed state of mind. After reading your post Simon, I suspect he is merely a narcissist, a spoilt child who left because he could not get his way.

All that said, I miss Dazz. I actually learnt useful things from his posts.

I think both these guys have left before and popped back up with different user names after a break away.

I already said this. Both have spat the dummy then come back several times. They will both be back after they've finished sitting in the corner sucking their thumbs. Don't worry guise!

I already said this. Both have spat the dummy then come back several times. They will both be back after they've finished sitting in the corner sucking their thumbs. Don't worry guise!

Sorry mate - I just read the initial post and replied to it. Couldn't face reading the fanmail begging him to rethink again.

I bet WW already has a new username so as to follow the community grief now that he has fallen on his sword.

Well, all I can say, when I read the title of the thread is........Again????

Sheesh, I don't understand why people get huffy, leave in a flurry (after telling everyone about it), then come back with a different username.

I don't know what was posted and whether or not anyone took offence to it, but I can tell you now that I am sure that most posters that have several thousand posts to their name have, at one time or another, offended someone, whether intentially or not. If we all took our bat & ball & left just because someone said something hurtful, or you said something that the mods decided to sensor in some way, we could have a very small forum.

Nobody is going to agree with you all the time. That's life!

There is no breadth of opinion left on this site. Any doubters are chased off eventually. Orchestrated gang warfare works every time.

In the end you feel chuffed and somehow "The Victors", I can't see that. I think you lose a little each time someone who can think independently is banished. And WW and Dazz are thinkers. (maybe that's what was wrong :()

There is no breadth of opinion left on this site. Any doubters are chased off eventually. Orchestrated gang warfare works every time.

In the end you feel chuffed and somehow "The Victors", I can't see that. I think you lose a little each time someone who can think independently is banished. And WW and Dazz are thinkers. (maybe that's what was wrong :()

I have no problems with Dazz's posts. Sometimes he can be a bit condescending especially towards the less experienced who are not at his level. He does bang the same drum over and over about how residential is for losers but even he started there.

But when he started on Rememberance Day that was just a little much for me and I made the complaint, perhaps I was overly sensitive but maybe that's because I am a retired Army Officer and I take that sort of thing seriously. Moderators must have agreed. That's the only complaint I can remember making about him.

If my memory serves me right we first met on PI.com where I was a moderator. I was so impressed by the info he gave I arranged for him to be a mod too. I told him that Somersoft was a better forum for his style and the rest is history.

I have enjoyed many of WW posts and never complained nor put him down.

There is only one person I'd like to see chased off. Tarred and feathered if possible.

He is a fellow who posts here embiggening himself (The Simpsons taught me that word) in order to build an email database of naive clients to fund his grandiose schemes.

When he joined us some years ago he was prolific at asking people to invest with him until taken to task and warned off. Now he does it under the radar by getting folks to PM him and taking it from there.

I'd describe him as a rat with a gold tooth.

lol winston..guess theres a little bit of bogan in you after all.....dummy spitting like that matey.

dont be so soft and take your bat and ball home just because someone disagrees with you...no ones perfect...except me!

give it a week you will be forgotten or you will turn into jesus christ and resurrect yourself............

harden up a bit but offer a different opinion...we can ignore it if its way off the mark but as long as its debatable i dont have an issue with anyone posting pos or neg stuff.

like to have seen some more positive stuff from you however.rdifferent opinions i do like to debate....you must admit you have had mostly all negative posts of late so maybe the issue lays with you winstone and not others perhaps?

either way the decision is yours mate...someone will take your place in the bright blue world of internet discussion forums quickly enough..

When he joined us some years ago he was prolific at asking people to invest with him until taken to task and warned off. Now he does it under the radar by getting folks to PM him and taking it from there.

I'd describe him as a rat with a gold tooth.

Tell me if im getting warm. Is the said persons posts very hard to read?

I've felt like leaving here a number of times....plenty here will no doubt wish I would. :p Bloody right-winged capitalist.

But I do love animals.

Different comments back about posts I've made - make you think; "well; you can all get farcked" and so on.

But, then you chuck on your thick skin jacket and go again, and ignore it. ;)

The thing is; it's great you can express your opinion - popular or not. Not everyone will agree, but even those you don't agree with have something to teach.

I get slagged all the time and I don't care now; it's all good fun.

I read the attacks on me and have a great chuckle over the rim of the chardy glass. :D

I do get pissed though when a perfectly seemingly reasonable post gets deleted because some sook takes offense. :rolleyes:

You're all grown ups, so cop it all with a grain of salt.

I can see where WW is coming from, but maybe he's a more sensitive type.

But he'll be back I reckon.

i still have no idea who you mean!

personally, i've never had a post deleted or (that i know of) a complaint. perhaps i'm just too bland and boring :eek:

i have made complaints - but only when the poster digresses off the topic to make a nasty personal commment - like - "you are an absolute d^head who knows nothing about investing."

a few of those posts crop in from time to time - usually from a newish member, who quickly disappears again.

i loved dazz's dry humour and could always tell when he was pulling the mickey - i've also learned to enjoy you too sunfish (in your many guises).

Some one please pm me the details of the scandal.

Don't know if I want to know - sometimes ignorance is bliss.

WW, you should "do a Dazz" - I enjoy reading your posts, even when they are sometimes too right-wing, even for me (and I tend to agree with Andrew Bolt a fair bit)

And Dazz should also "do a Dazz". While some of his stuff can seem offensive, with a new "tongue-in-cheek" smiley, we'd manage to cope!

Please play fair.

Some of the responses in this thread are more offensive personal comments than many which have been removed in the past.

Back