Farewell from WW

Wow.

WW and Dazz. As already mentioned, best of luck to both of you. Your contributions, insight and wisdom will surely be missed by all investors alike.

Best wishes,
Steve

they always come back...

it's funny though how same people who demand harsher punishments to be delivered by real courts, have a hissy fit when their posts are deleted by Somersoft's court (i.e. mod team) :rolleyes:

Successful property investment is the art of negotiating & a perfect negotiation is where everyone feels like they have had a win, yet sometimes the urge to win prevents that perfect scenario from taking place and time is needed to reflect on what actions are necessary to bring the negotiations back to what is the best outcome for all and that is why successful negotiation is truly an art that needs to be mastered.

It's such a great loss to SS to lose both you and Dazz :(.

I have (privately) advised WW to take a break before. But Dazz's passing is a shock.

I have never exchanged PMs with him but think of him as an old friend. I particularly loved his irreverence and cutting wit. (Shades of Oscar Wilde?)

I'm not leaving but, more than ever, will prolly reduce to the lowest common denominator and stick with: "Do renters iron on the carpet?" type posts. Moderators must resist the urge to make the forum a love-fest.

Onwards and Upwards everyone.

Yes Winston, onwards and upwards, and remember, you really are a long time dead mate. See ya.

And Dazz, Same to you mate. See ya.

You two can both call in for a coffee with me one day and I'll take ya's for a drive on some great big green gear.

Cheers.

TC - that is so sweet! Sorry to see WW and Dazz go! Have really enjoyed 99% of your posts!! Internet is such a time waster anyway so think of it as a good thing ;) I find it's bizarre that someone would complain about another person's post, and it would be taken really seriously/drastically to the point they are outed. Aside from all this - all the best Dazz and WW!

I wouldn't worry too much. They'll both be back after they've finished pouting (and in WW's case AWing). They've both left in a huff before and come back a few times now.

I find that they both tend to talk big but carry little sticks. There's a lot of 'I'm a hardar.e' posturing going on, but geez are they quick to cry the moment something they don't like happens. Let it be said, Dazz is my favourite poster, too. Well, he and Kristine equally. I'm not too fussed about whether he comes back or not, though. He's a great poster and a good bloke, but there are more than enough great posters here. Oh, and Winston goes alright as well. Too many charts, though. Bloody well put me to sleep, fair dinkum!

Heck, I've had posts deleted, I even got a few infractions for 'offending' some limp wristed wimp(s) who chose to running crying to the mod's instead of stand up for themselves. I was even given an infraction once by a mod who acknowledged in a PM to me that they hadn't even seen the post that infraction related to.... Oh well who cares, rules are made to be broken.

I would like to go on record here publically by saying I think a number of decisions made by mods are questionable at best and inconsistent a lot of the time. But eh, who cares, I love Somersoft and while I might not agree with/like some of those decisions, it's not gonna stop me from hanging out here with y'all.

Not aware of what's happened WW (or TFB), thought sincerely hope you only take a Sabbatical and do not retire fully from the Forum.

Same goes for Dazz

I hope you at least stay in touch with the forum in the future, I believe you are a well respected member of the forum by the majority.

Your service to the community provides some great insight into what matters, and what doesn’t and some of the charts and research presented has been insightful

Love the no-nonsense, pragmatic attitude.

I don't think that many forum members realise how beneficial their posts are to those climbing the first rungs of the property or investing ladder...they have certainly helped me over the years

I hope you both continue to interact with the Forum in the future if you decide to take some R&R

Still don't know what the hoo haa is about- blink and you miss it? If it was regarding Yardney I thought that was done and dusted. I like both WW and Dazz so I shall miss them both.

Some one please pm me the details of the scandal.

I've had a few posts censored but this is the nature of the beast.
The Mods aren't paid for this I expect so lets cut them some slack .

If you must leave then I say: "May the force be with you"

Last edited:
I shall miss Dazz a great deal - he shared many of his investment experiences with us and we are all the richer from "knowing" him. His posts were always positive, useful and encouraging.

WW on the other hand seemed clinically depressed towards the end. Over time, his posts became increasingly dark and negative; for him, the future was a scary & bleak place, bereft of all hope. Seemingly alone in his tormented world, he railed against anyone who disagreed with him. I for one will not miss the "Richard Werner fan" Goodbye WW. Hope you can overcome your fixation with conspiracy theories. The world is not about to end anytime soon mate.

We are all guests of Somersoft, the moderators have a job to do, and over time there will be disagreements with their decisions.
But whats the solution, with varying views there will never be 100% consensus, so one just has to 'go with the flow'.
In sport, an unpire might make a bad call, but the game just has to live with it (not saying this is the case here, i dont know anything about this specific case). The game doesnt cease.
Agreed!

Why is it presented, though, as if moderating decisions are due to Somersoft having a problem with dissenting views? I don't know the specifics of what's transpired in these current instances, but in the past, I've never seen the moderation team moving in to act because anybody's said "property's a hopeless investment", or "I reckon Australian property's going to drop 40% in the next few years", or "I think Australia's balance of trade means we're headed towards the banana republic".

I may be wrong, but my perception is that the mods usually only step in when such discussion degenerates, as too frequently seems to be the case, into totally unnecessary personal attacks. If I am mistaken, then please feel free to point out an example of moderation which related solely to polite expression of a contrary viewpoint.

There's a difference between saying "property's a hopeless investment", and "if you think property's a good investment then your lack of education is showing, and your children will be as stupid as you are". (Or whatever.) I'm not good at thinking up insults - perhaps I need practise! :p :D

WW, you have long lauded the benefits of "Judeo-Christian values".

May I politely point you to the words of Luke 6:27: "Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also."

I reckon it's telling you to suck it up and come back for more, WW. ;)

:(What the?? I always seem to miss the big events around here. Dunno what happened, but the danger of spending a lot of time on an internet forum is that you can lose a bit of perspective. It's easy to invest a lot of your 'self' and this can make you sensitive to things. Sensitivity is good in the main; but not when ill winds cause you to lose your centre. You're stronger than this WW - and Dazz. Of course you're entitled to disagree with the opinions of the mods, but what is, is. It may not be perfect but surely it's a damn sight better than nothing.
Almost all the SS posters will want you to stay; but even more so the many lurkers who come here to learn & love to read your posts. It's important that your views are out there too. I'm hoping that - sooner or later- you opt for the bravest option. Return to play in the arena that's available for you. Your audience is waiting.:)

Back