Canberra Dinner/get together

Due to popular demand and not to be outdone by the B.I.G and S.S.G it's on again...

The Canberra forumites dinner

When:Saturday 26th July

Who's invited: anyone and everyone who wants to talk and chat about property and investing in general

Where: Belluci's Trattoria

Address: cnr Launceston & Irving Sts Woden (ACT)

Time: 6PM

Once again I will be keeping track of numbers- so if you could email me your numbers to [email protected] and in the subject line put "canberra Dinner and AKA"

That way you'll be guaranteed a seat. Numbers are important as this is quite a busy restaurant and we may not be able to add seats as we did last time so pleeeeeeeeeeease email me your intentions (you know who you are!!!!)

See you all there

Mr Ed

Mmmmmmm.........food.

Hi Mr Ed

RSVP = 2. (Mrs Brinkdude is coming);)

I noticed that the place is also BYO as well as licienced. I'm thinking of a nice bottle of Red (88 Pryus) to have with spaggetti and meatballs.

Mmmmmm...........food.

See you their.

*** CHANGE OF VENUE ALERT ***

Sorry for the trouble- but Belluci's was too popular for us. They don't have enough space on that evening for a group, and especially for a group which is uncertain in size (we were very fortunate last time in having a venue which could cope with a fair number of extras).

So now we're aiming at Rose Cottage- on the corner of Monaro Highway and Isabella Drive, Gilmore- for a Christmas in July celebration.

(the web page advertised in the White Pages- http://www.rosecottage.com.au/ - does not work).

Cost I believe will be $30 per head.

We have the room with the fireplace, so should be a really great venue for a Yuletide celebration.

There is a limit to numbers- so it's REALLY IMPORTANT to register ahead of time- send to Mr Ed- email numbers to [mailto][email protected][/mailto] and in the subject line put "Canberra Dinner and AKA".

Those longtimers in the forum may recognise this as the venue to The Wife's Big BBQ some years ago (the cosy warm venue, niot the cold one).

We hope to see as many as possible.

As Geoff's post says we have a new venue "Rose Cottage", the start time will be nice and early @ 6pm which will give us plenty of night to talk.

We have 11 confirmed so far so if you are thinking of comming please email me with your intentions.

Even if you can't make this one but would like to be kept up to date on future get togethers, send me an email and I'll put you on the list of important people to ask first.

my personal email is...

[email protected]

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Mr Ed

BTW The owners of Rose Cottage are quite interested in our group and are going to join us for the evening, I know them personally and they have some interesting stories to tell on their investing experiences.

Thanks Mr Ed and geoffw for your effort to put this together.

The new venue is fine by me, I can walk ( stagger )
home from Rose Cottage ;)

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Cheers

Phil

Saturday the 26th is coming around quickly, so if you havn't replyed to the dinner better pull your finger out.

We have 18 confirmed for chrissy dinner so far more will make it merrier.

Anymore takers send me an email.

Regards

Mr Ed

BTW The booking is under Nixon and we are scheduled for 6pm

Just called Rose cottage to reconfirm Saturday night with numbers and asked about BYO.

They charge $10 corkage which is a bit steep. But their prices are sensible I believe.

See you all there.

Mr Ed

BTW We still have room if you are thinking of comming.

Hmmm....... $10.00

Looks like I need to buy another property to pay for this :D

Talking horse, is that per bottle!! or per Head?

See you (and everyone else) Saturday.:cool:

Pedro,

You must be quiet at work today...

Pot calling the kettle black here...

MISTER ED NEWS

ED IS READY TO SADDLE UP AGAIN!
According to published reports in Hollywood, plans are under way for a new version of Mister Ed during 2003. Fox reportedly has ordered a pilot for the show, which would feature a hipper, fast-talking horse that should remind viewers of black movie comics such as Eddie Griffin or Chris Tucker. The original, which ran on CBS from 1961-65, featured Alan Young as Wilbur Post, the only human who could hear Mister Ed talk.

Gidy up.

I found myself humming along to this...

A horse is a horse of course, of course. And no-one can talk to a horse of course - that is of course unless the horse is the famous Mister Ed. Go right to the source and ask the horse - he'll give you the answer that you endorse. He's always on a standing course - talk to Mister Ed!"

Mr Ed

Keeping to the thread Rose Cottage tell me it's $10 per bottle!

Jas,

Sorry, I forgot to post (and that's a bit unusual for me).

23 turned up, and a good time, and an informative evening, was had by all.

There were some regulars, some new people, and some missing.

I didn't have the camera with me this time :mad: but somebody else did. I dodn't like that, because that means someone then takes pictures of me.

We shall have to see if any of the pix were posted.

Back