Body Corporate Issue

We have an apartment on level three of a five level apartment block, which has large plate glass windows facing north. The apartments are just over a year old. In Adelaide, that means DUST! We cannot get to these windows; they will require a cherry picker to clean them, or, as someone mentioned yesterday, someone abseiling down from the roof.

The windows are absolutely disgusting. They are the feature floor to ceiling windows in the lounge room, and they do not open, and the actually form 'the boundary' of our apartment.

I was told yesterday by the PM that the Body Corporate had voted that cleaning these windows was the owners responsibility. Now, can the Body Corporate simply do that? I have read all the minutes and I have not found out where this was voted on, so I dont actually think that is true.

The thing is, even to abseil down them requires access from the top area, which is someone else's apartment - the penthouse. Why would they let a window cleaner through their apartment, with their equipment, anchor on to their balcony, just to clean my windows. Obviously most owners will have this issue.

Has anyone any experience in this?

Back