Anyone been following this story

wow, indecent assault charge for touching a bottom whilst barking like a dog 40 years ago

Not just touched. Groped her buttocks- when she was 13 or 14.

I know a girl who was groped- not buttocks- in public at that age. But by 9 year old boys. It was quite a horrible thing for her. It was an extremely unpleasant experience for her and did affect her. The boys were too young for the parents to bring charges.

Unlike Rolf.

So it looks like no impromptu wobbleboard performance outside the Court after his acquittal then eh?
Defence will now paly the health card but I reckon he should be up for a couple of years porridge.
Girls should now consider "going him for compo".

Would you buy his artwork ? Should be going cheap now and prices may rebound a few years after his death. I look forward to a series of prison sketches.

wow, indecent assault charge for touching a bottom whilst barking like a dog 40 years ago

This sort of comment doesn't help his victims at all and it was way, way more than "touching a bottom" from what I've read. It is clear you've never been the victim of any sort of indecent assault or you wouldn't make such a comment.

And regarding cu@the tops comment about whether we (or anyone) would buy his artwork, I don't think it will make much of a difference, certainly not as time goes by. The notoriety could push the prices up... who knows. It reminded me of this article I read yesterday...

http://www.mamamia.com.au/news/pain...m_source=edm&utm_medium=mc&utm_campaign=daily

Something I think is wrong is that Sir Jimmy Saville cannot have his knighthood taken from him. If that is the law, then that law should be changed and strip him of that honour. He will never know it, but it must really hurt his victims that he cannot be stripped of that honour.

So it looks like no impromptu wobbleboard performance outside the Court after his acquittal then eh?
Defence will now paly the health card but I reckon he should be up for a couple of years porridge.
Girls should now consider "going him for compo".

Would you buy his artwork ? Should be going cheap now and prices may rebound a few years after his death. I look forward to a series of prison sketches.

Well his worth 11 million pounds. This is perhaps in part why his daughter was so anxious to sort out her inheritance, she saw the writing on the wall.

We were discussing his painting last night, I think they may go up in value, notoriety??

This sort of comment doesn't help his victims at all and it was way, way more than "touching a bottom" from what I've read. It is clear you've never been the victim of any sort of indecent assault or you wouldn't make such a comment.

And regarding cu@the tops comment about whether we (or anyone) would buy his artwork, I don't think it will make much of a difference, certainly not as time goes by. The notoriety could push the prices up... who knows. It reminded me of this article I read yesterday...

http://www.mamamia.com.au/news/pain...m_source=edm&utm_medium=mc&utm_campaign=daily

Something I think is wrong is that Sir Jimmy Saville cannot have his knighthood taken from him. If that is the law, then that law should be changed and strip him of that honour. He will never know it, but it must really hurt his victims that he cannot be stripped of that honour.

Such a wise woman, I agree with all your comments.:)

Yes, in Perth they will be swiftly removing everything and anything I expect.

I wonder if he will be stripped of his honours, OBE etc.

LesleyA
Had no idea it was 22 years, I think its the fact that in many cases victims feel guilt, this in part is possibly why they don't come forward.

I am gobsmacked how many people in the industry now coming forward with claims of witnessing RH behaving inappropriately and just turning a blind eye.

I am reading the "Sociopath Next Door" in it it explains a university experiment.

Ordinary people are directed to do something that causes increasing levels of pain, being the "teacher in the experiment", to the the "student", (who is an actor) if they give a wrong answer, if and only if the person in charge is in a position of authority. The majority of people cause the highest level of pain (fake electrical charges to the actor) in this very revealing experiment. If the person instructing is not in a position of authority, most of the "teachers" refused to inflict the punishment.

I don't know if this correlates perfectly but RH is/was held in a high position as far as fame/success/power. Maybe people were afraid to say anything or intimidated?

I disagree with a remove the art comment. Many well respected artists have had less than savoury reputations - Da Vinci, Byron etc etc. Does this mean their artistic achievements have less value. Judge the art not the artist.
I have a Rolf hanging in my lounge. Not an original sadly but a limited edition print. Now there is no way I condone what he has done but I will not be removing the picture as it is a great piece of art and I love it. Indeed if an original was going cheap I would buy it if I could afford it as I like his paintings.

so anyway he is guilty and that's that. question now is does a crime detract from artistic achievements?

Of course. Imagine what people would think if they came to your house and saw a Rolf-the-rock-spider piece hanging on your wall and you tried to play the artistic angle.

Ausprop
Already happening publicly, its a train wreck, 10 years down the track may be a different story, but today he is a convicted paedophile.

I am sure there will be those who will try to pick up his art for next to nothing today with a view of long term gains, sounds like property investing, buy at the bottom of the market.

MrsD
Oh no........don't mention Da Vinci and RH in the same sentence, one was a genius artist, sculpture, inventor and the other well...........

Last edited:
Of course. Imagine what people would think if they came to your house and saw a Rolf-the-rock-spider piece hanging on your wall and you tried to play the artistic angle.

Did you know Adolf Hilter was also a very talented artist prior to becoming a psychopath. Just google..No art hanging around anywhere.

Last edited:
Did you know Adolf Hilter was also a very successful artist prior to becoming a psychopath. Just google..No art hanging around anywhere.

You don't 'become' a psychopath. You either are or you aren't.

And Hitler was never a successful artist. He was a failed artist who wasn't even accepted into art school (took it quite badly too).

Back