Thank you Political Correctness

omg the only part of your post I understand is the part that makes me think you've got a different distraction for every occasion.

Have a good night Spadesie and see you anon!

I have balls and a cockerspaniel...what about you redwing?

Ps.I'm straight and if your a guy redwing,no money will make me bend :p

Hmmm, I don't have a cockerspaniel, though I'm lost with today's lingo Spades. With that in mind, looking at cockerspaniel in the urban dictionary now has me with a serious question mark above my head :confused:

But now I can at least put your posts in context :D

Surely your not that stupid,your just being petty...Grow some...btw i seen your post on another thread...what's your beef?

Ps.Who's the girl now?

Lost me Spades :confused:

No Beef

Happy to be called a big girls blouse or whatever, I was just trying to put things in context, with ambiguous user names on SS, sometimes it's a guessing game...no malice intended and apologies if this has been the case

People, please! This isn't about religion or culture or any other crap. This is about CHILDREN that are being VIOLATED. What kind of society do we live in where the fear of being labelled takes precedence over protecting our youth? Come on.

People, please! This isn't about religion or culture or any other crap. This is about CHILDREN that are being VIOLATED. What kind of society do we live in where the fear of being labelled takes precedence over protecting our youth? Come on.

Make no mistake, this is an abominable story. It has come out within a year of Jimmy Saville and Rolf Harris, figures that were once much respected. Sure, without a doubt, the perpetrators ought to be locked up for life. But why bring race and political correctness into it?

Make no mistake, this is an abominable story. It has come out within a year of Jimmy Saville and Rolf Harris, figures that were once much respected. Sure, without a doubt, the perpetrators ought to be locked up for life. But why bring race and political correctness into it?
Because that was the whole point of the article - the fact that the authorities were too scared to speak up and be branded a racist.

It has all gone to shoit.

Even here on SS, there are plenty of closed threads where the only crime was to criticise the behaviour of folks - who happened to be of another race or colour.

It was the behaviour; not the race, yet it was seen as racist. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
I think there needs to be balance. On one hand, political correctness shouldn't be used to shut down discourse. On the other hand, I often notice the people who shout loudest against "PC" are just trying to find an excuse to slam "those damn immigants!". (And by immigrants, they're not referring to the Brits...)

Have no worries about society being overtaken by political correctness. For every PC extremist, there will be an anti-PC extremist who will shout racial abuse at Indians because of events in the Middle East (because in their mind, everyone with brown skin is Osama). You know they're out there. There are entire political parties in Europe dedicated to those sort of beliefs.

In my view, both the PC and anti-PC brigade are bigots.

It took decades for the authorities to chase-up Jimmy Saville and Rolf Harris. This case is no different.

But why bring political correctness into it? This is about a bunch of evil men. Their background is irrelevant. Lock em up, throw away the key. Skin em alive - it's what they deserve.

Before we Aussies start to think that we have a monopoly on all moral virtue, here is another sordid and infamous story, this time from home:

http://www.news.com.au/national/inc...d-kidnap-attempt/story-fncynjr2-1227044022716

whats everyones take on the Melbourne Football club, mashup monday saga where two players dressed up as Rolf harrris and a little girl

frankly, I do think its a bit sensitive but everyone is over reacting,

these guys wouldnt cop any flack if they went dressed up as hitler or stalin,

so whats the diff with rolf harrris???? because its a recent case????

Professional victims love nothing more than feeling indignant TMNT. It feeds their need for drama and they get to feel morally superior for a hot minute.

these guys wouldnt cop any flack if they went dressed up as hitler or stalin

That would have likely caused an uproar too. Dressing as Hitler for a costume party is a big no-no, just ask Prince Harry. It's actually illegal in several European countries including France and Germany.

I daresay plenty of Saville's and Harris' victims would once have been dubbed "professional victims."

After all, the perpetrators had more credibility than the victims and, for many, many years, nobody listened to the latter. "You are making it up" "You are on the compo trail" etc etc.

A victim is a victim. All victims deserve justice. And justice delayed is justice denied.

Yeah, ze Germans are REALLY super touchy about the whole Hitler thing.

It is illegal in Germany to deny that the Holocaust occurred. People get locked up for it all the time. For the most part they are kooks eg. David Irving comes to mind.

Imagine if we introduced a similar law here in Australia? There's been plenty of genocide in our fine country post 1788. Not that its politically correct to talk about it......you'd get shouted down.

Back