Your next O/S trip - where will you go?

We have just returned from our family holiday. Took the kids out of school as we usually do because we believe they learn alot more 'cultural & life lessons' than sitting in a class room.

We did a 14 night cruise on Royal Caribbean's Voyager of the Sea's. The biggest cruise ship to come to Australia.

Departed from Fremantle, cruising to Port Hedland, Bangkok & Pataya Thailand, Saigon / Ho Chi Min City Vietnam, then down to Singapore where we departed the cruise.

Stay 3 nights in Singapore then flew up to Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia for 3 more nights before flying direct back to Perth.

I thought you've been there loads of times, you looked comfortable on that elephant in Samui? Check out Laos and Cambodia if you have a SEA itch and want to avoid concrete and rip offs everywhere like what Thailand has turned into.

Are you confusing me with someone else??

WM - I will miss you in Japan by about 2 weeks :rolleyes:

I currently have the following holidays planned of 2014.
Moscow, Sakhalin, Japan in Jan
4 weeks in Australia in March
Sailing in Greece/turkey in May for 3weeks
12 days Padelling down the Nepalise River in July

That gets me till July, so not sure what I will do for the remainder of the year. I would like to get back to egypt for a bit, and have to go to Indonesia at some point also, but I might try to squeeze that into the Australia trip in March. I would also like to visit Christmas Island at some point, and again, I might try and squeeze that into the March trip.

Blacky

Moscow, Sakhalin and Japan were amazing. Best holiday of my life so far.

Australia in March was just damn busy - hardly did any holidaying and was just running around like a nit-in-a-fit. But was still nice to see family and friends of coarse.

Slight change of plans going forward.
next trip is off to Indonesia in 2 weeks time (sailing in Greece/Turkey didnt eventuate). Will be there for 3 weeks - going to Borneo Is and Flores Island (Komodo national park). Will also be stopping in Singapore for a couple of days there and back. Basically just a dive holiday to ensure my gills dont dry up completely.

Then heading to Australia again in July - instead of Nepal. I would rather be going to Nepal, but I need to get back to oz. So maybe Nepal later in the year. Im going to make sure this trip is a holiday though - less work, more play.

Blacky

I nearly answered that question seriously before I realised it was a **** take :p

I'm still working 6months a year. However if you look at hours worked I actually clock up more than someone working as a 40hr work week. It's just that I compress it into less days. I work 182days a year but most people work about 240 (5 day week with 4weeks leave).

What else to do but travel?

Blacky

I forgot to to log in and report where was I going next so I shall just do 'where have you just been'

We did Bintan Island (Indonesia). It's a regular haunt for us as we've now been there 4 times. Tecnically it's Indonesia but the northern resort section is so Singaporean it's not funny - you can even shop in Singapore dollars.

We flew to Singapore and spent the night there doing a little exploring and then caught the ferry the next afternoon to Bintan. 9 days of fun in the sun (and some rain) which the kids enjoyed immensely. Even our 14yo internet/electronics addict managed to join the real world :p

Going around the US and Canada next month for 4 weeks.

Seeing next year is my choice, looking at Spain, Portugal and Morocco. Anyone want to share their experiences as I have a rough idea of what places to visit but would love to hear peoples thoughts.

Missed out on Morocco. Had a hire care, the port was too dodgy to leave the car there and they wouldn't let us take a hire car across. Seems they are stolen when they are.

Portugal didn't impress me at all.

Spain however... nice. Make sure to visit the southern part. Granada, Cordoba, Sevilla. It was so serene. My fav place in europe by far.

If purely just speaking of o/s trip, then shanghai, guangdong and beijing in may, and HK in october, wouldnt call it a holiday either.

Back