Why do Landlords Have to Pay for Tenants Water & Council Rates?

They throw away the rubbish and local coucil collects- they should pay the coucil rates.

The sewerage is connected for them- why are we paying for this?

Councils spend money on nearby parks, which increases your wealth, not the tenants'.

Councils spend money on nearby roads, which increases your wealth, not your tenants'.

Hey I know there are some terrible councils out there so you could argue against these points, but I'm just wondering if anyone has looked at this side of the coin.

-Ian

Ian- great points made! Never thought about the parks or roads!

Kudos should be given to you fir thinking about this!! :)

Have a great day!

Ask yourself this

Every expense the landlord incurs has GST. Why is it that a tenant can't be charged GST but the Landlord can and can't even claim it back.

Every expense the landlord incurs has GST. Why is it that a tenant can't be charged GST but the Landlord can and can't even claim it back.

Because long ago someone decided (probably with the help of ACA and TT) that the tenants are the good guys and the landlords are the baddies.

The rates see the suburb infrastructure is maintained in the suburb I have invested in. Sure, the local govt hauls away the householders garbage but my rates also pay for upgrades to improve and maintain the area.

{haven't read all the replies...sorry if this was covered}

Because long ago someone decided (probably with the help of ACA and TT) that the tenants are the good guys and the landlords are the baddies.

not to mention resi IP landlords have a complete disregard for yield.... the more tax deductions the better when your property is gauranteed to double every 7 years. the ruling was probably warmly welcomed by all parties

Back