Where to buy Keysborough vs Dandenong North

Hi All,
I want to buy a property in the S.E suburb area.But prices in most areas are not affordable for me apart from places like Keysborough,Dandenong North areas i don't want Danndenong or Noble park areas etc..
If anyone lives in this 2 areas i would like some advices , hints etc ..from you guys
Thanks alot

Hi naijacoder,

I would say that Keysborough is by far the nicest and most expensive of all the suburbs you listed. The Keys Estate was build several years ago and has always been quite expensive therefore lifting the prices of other properties in Keysborough.

Why don't you have a look around the Frankston area. You can get good value for money around there more than what you can get in Keysborough.

Lilli

Thanks Lilli for your advice.So it seems Dandenong North isn't a good choice is this true?
I know it might be a stupid question and don't know frankston well can you please advice in which part of frankston that could be closer to transport and better e.g Noth,South?
Thanks

i live in noble park. what makes you don't like noble park area ? is it because of the last year riot and hoon racing ?

i must tell you, there is lots of african boy and adult walking around the street, especially if you are going to noble park centre or springvale.

also prices around here in noble park/dandenong around low 300 to mid 300 now, with keysborough, it is mid 400 to 500 ?

i suppose what is your budget ? lots of indian people here as well. and if you don;t mind the multicultural around you. then you can make your choice easier.

hint: Buy in noble park where it is close to station (sandown park, noble park, yarraman station). 3 lines that is going through this station (cranbourne, pakenham, dandenong(peak hour only))

cheers

Dandy North is actually quite pricey already, with the median price close to 300k or above, as its crime rate is lower than the surrounding area, and has excellent access to transport hubs including M1, Eastlink, and bus/train station, not to mention the popular Dandy Market and shopping strip/centre. You may have missed out the "big boom", but I believe the price will move steadily upwards from here on. Noble Park and Dandy Central will play catch up as soon as gentrification starts.. So while these areas do offer good value, patience is required.

Your best bet is to read through the 30 odd pages written about the Frankston area under the thread - Purchasing in VIC - Frankston Area - It talks about upcoming developments, the different areas of Frankston etc.. Definately worth reading all the posts.

Lilli

Naijacoder, here are some longer term growth statistics for you to add to your other info and due diligence:

Dandenong: 1994 Median House Price $87,500...........2004 MHP: $225,000..............Change of 157%

Keysborough: 1994 MHP :$106,000.............2004: $249,250..............135%

Noble Park: 94: $93,000...................04: $237,250...............155%

Frankston: 94: $103,000..................04: $230,000.................123%

Frankston North: 94: $68,750.............04: $170,000............147%

I will attach the Southeast and Bayside top 5 performing suburbs 94-04 too...and hope you can read it:

(All statistics courtesy of Victorian Valuer-General 1994-2005 as printed up in Sunday Herald Sun Sept 18th 2005 ...article, "Shifting Values"... by Andrea Moss)

Attachments

• VicVGData 042.jpg
    VicVGData 042.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 231
Back