Where do you find Median growth figures?

Hi all,

Is there any govt. sites or free reliable sites to find yearly median growth rates for different suburbs? I know P.I. mag has 10 yearly median growth sections, but I would like to track growth figures year by year if I can, hopefully finding suburbs that haven't moved for a few years.

Regards,

Duane.

Hi all,

Is there any govt. sites or free reliable sites to find yearly median growth rates for different suburbs? I know P.I. mag has 10 yearly median growth sections, but I would like to track growth figures year by year if I can, hopefully finding suburbs that haven't moved for a few years.

Regards,

Duane.

Residex.com.au (findmeahome.com.au)
homepriceguide.com.au

Not sure that your strategy is sound though. You will need lots of research to go with the finding of non-moving (in the biggest RE boom for years) suburbs.

Thanks for the replies.

I'm actually only targeting within suburbs that I know are good positions, I am just chasing a bit of extra stats to backup my opinion on when a good suburb is hibernating before coming out of its cave so to speak (bear pun by the way)....

D.

Further to those already suggested:

Your Investment Property Magazine has some great stats in the back including average CG for the last 10 years, average CG for the last year and the last quarter. It also has median yield and median price. This is for both houses and units.

It's a new rag. The quality of the articles are not as good as API - especially the last edition, in my opinion. Perhaps this will improve in coming months.

Not too sure about your theory, though! :)

Hope this helps and good luck!

Mark

You can find good information from the local newspaper's property guide.

For the Sydney Northern Beaches area, I use the Manly Daily, which profiles several properties/suburbs in the first few pages each week and provides figures such as historical growth, and more importantly, 5 year forecasts. Using this method I have five year forecasts and historical trends for all Northern Beaches suburbs.

Otherwise I would have had to pay around $75 (per suburb) to get growth prediction reports from Residex :D (BTW, Manly Daily source the info from Residex anyway).

So how does this help you if you don't have a copy of these Property Guides?

Easy... they're all on-line! http://property.manlydaily.com.au/

This link is for the Manly Daily guide, but once you go in there just use the 'select other publications' drop down box to choose your preferred area.

Duane - I don't know if this helps you, as the guides on this site are all NSW, but you may be able to find something similar if you google for one of your local newspaper online property guides.

Cheers, Shadow.

Back