What has a politician or party ever done for you?..

And I will say it yet again.

Great minds, you, me and Johnny. ;)

In all seriousness though, I definitely agree with that statement. My salary is a bit above the median salary (still five figures though) and I'm generally doing well.
Besides basic services, I don't need the government to do anything for me. I need the government to look after those that aren't as well off as I am: The elderly, the disabled, the jobless (who want to work, don't care about the others), the environment, etc.
While it would be nice to have government services like good public transport, cycle paths, NBN for myself, I certainly don't need any of them.

When you consider what is going on in the USA since 1997 with bubbles and crashes, Japan since 1991 with a broken economy, Europe in trouble, and most other countries in a worse situation, I am thankful for a working political system.

I am not a fan of the unions but they do have visibility at grass roots level. This has become glaringly obvious recently. LNP facing multiple election backlashes and still dont know what the people are thinking.

"I have only ever asked for help during the Brisbane 2011 floods,from the then Labor PM for the local area,and when he pulled me aside to have a talk away from his minders he told me upfront,it will be the first time we have ever helped f###### wealthy property investors and he just said good luck and walked away.. "

Ruddy helpful, was he?

Politicians make good customers.

Owning a Photography business I have found politicians like to have photos of themselves.

They have bought many photos from me over the years

Why do you think this property girl?
For what reason do you believe the future in Australia wont be "as good"?

Phar Lap, I hear a lot of people talking about how difficult times are ahead for Australia. I hope I'm wrong. We'll have nothing when we have mined all our resources. We have a huge deficit. I heard someone talking yesterday talking about the possibility of deflation. I believe it will be harder for our children, unless we are there to give them a helping hand to buy a home or whatever. A lot of Europe is in a mess. America has lost its middle classes--the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer. And when I say 'rich' I don't mean people on SS; I mean the very wealthy.

Thanks property girl. fair call if thats what you focus on.

Personally, Im optimistic for the future. As someone said just moments ago in another thread, things are only getting better!

Cheer up love.:)

Thanks property girl. fair call if thats what you focus on.

Personally, Im optimistic for the future. As someone said just moments ago in another thread, things are only getting better!

Cheer up love.:)

lol you are right. I can be a bit of a sad sack sometimes. Have to see the glass half full!

Back