Wedding present ideas

Going to a close friend's wedding. They are in early 30s, they have 2 kids and been living together for years. Have been trying to think of a wedding present but cannot think of anything.
Any ideas?

I think in this scenario vouchers really are the only way to go unless you think they need new towels or sheets or something.

The Value of Marriage

The Value of Marriage

The Australian Mint 2012 Wedding Coin Collection

http://mintissue.ramint.gov.au/mintissue/product.asp?code=210073

You put a photo in the sleeve of the presentation wallet and have the silver plaque engraved, and there will not be a dry eye in the house

Coins in Mint Condition - Marriage in Mint Condition, Best Investment they will ever make, etc

We gave a Collection to our Son and Daughter-in-Law and it was a great talking point at the Reception with many people asking where we had found this. The Mint does not produce a full set of Coins each year but they are in 2012 so perhaps this would be appropriate?

Hope this helps
Kristine

Budget option

Candles and poem

http://www.keystonecandle.com/Wedding_Poem_Candle_Set.htm

A box of candles that come in a pair,
of all different colors, for you two to share.

The white ones burn first, they are wrapped in white lace,
to celebrate the first night in your new chosen place.

The mauve pair is smaller, and thinner,
they burn with your first company over for dinner.

There are candles to burn Christmas Eve, before bed,
your first Christmas married, that´s why they are red.

The navy candles are for your first fight;
use them to burn when making up all night.

Pink candles will set the mood and pave the way
for your very first married Valentine´s Day.

Now when your first year of marriage is through,
the Ivory anniversary pair will light for you two.

By this time we hope maybe, just maybe,
you could burn the yellow ones on the birth of your baby.

And just when you thought you could put these away;
take the light blue ones for your fifth anniversary day.

Now just one pair left for the big "25",
the anniversary pair that will keep your love alive.

So congratulations both of you on the start of your "forever",
may the two of you always be happy together.

And burn these candles just like I said,
but please don´t forget...blow them out before bed!

Get a few people who are attending to contribute and purchase one large item.

After a few years of living together and 2 kids, there are bound to be a few things they require or that need replacing.

Speak to the parents or siblings to work out what they need, otherwise give them a store voucher (Myer, indoor/outdoor furniture stores, etc), or cash.

I'm going to my cousins daughters wedding in a few weeks, who has a couple of registries going, but between my brothers family, my mother and our family we will instead give them combined cash, which will allow them the freedom to purchase larger items missing from the registries.

Impersonal? I think practical and appreciated.

Money or cheque. When I got married I thought gift registeries or asking for money was rude. Now I have heaps of unused gifts I'm starting to get rid of. I had a guest ask me if we preferred David Jones or Myer and then a couple of people gave us gift vouchers for same place and quite a few people gave us cash. Together it covered the cost of a new bed. Thirteen years on and it's the most used and appreciated gift out of all of them. :)

have a look at thermomix tm31 an awesome machine, will change their life. We love ours. almost 2k but get a bunch of people and it becomes affordable, best wedding gift ever!

Sirromet Wines

I see you are on the Gold Coast, if they are as well a good idea that we received for our engagement was a voucher to sirromet wineries. A great day out for luch and you can take kids. You can have a nice seated lunch or grab a picnic basket with wines and cheeses and let the kids run around teh fields and play areas. A great Sunday day out and a gift I would have never thought giving until we received it ourselves.
http://www.sirromet.com/

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I don't think I will be going with the toilet brush at $109.95 :D I couldn't imagine being associated with that - it makes me laugh the comments that could be said about this....

I hadn't really come up with a budget. It was get suggestions and then look at the budget.

We are on the Gold Coast but the couple live in NT so Sirromet Wines voucher not really an option. Not sure when they will be visiting us next.

I liked the idea of the 2012 wedding coins - they looked good.

The practical idea of cash also seems a good idea. I thought it may be too impersonal but as INVSTOR said it can be used to get something big and practical and who wants 47 toasters (thanks Cjay - I received 2 for birthday presents once - that was enough)

The idea of the Thermomix tm31 also sounds good. Very practical and I can see them using it.

Thanks once again. Cash may be the easy way out.

I'd never complain with cash!

I know I've come in a little late, but if on the off chance they're going on a honeymoon outside Australia you can "personalise" a little more by giving them cash for the country they'll be going to.

Ie - We went to Paris and asked for Euro's as a gift from guests.

I liked your idea Lil Skater.

It seems a lot of people liked the cash. Cash is King. Practical, easy, don't have to think about it, don't even have to wrap it.

Back