Virginmoney On-line saving 6.75%

is it accessible or fixed?

looking for somewhere to park our reno profits as all our mortgages are locked in at 5.19% and i'm not going to break any of them - especially if i can get more than that in an on-call account.

From the website:

A great variable introductory rate of 6.75% p.a.* for 4 months and a competitive variable ongoing rate of 5.35% p.a.

That’s pretty bad. UBank is better @ 6.51% and doesn’t change after 4 months. There is a little catch but I can’t remember it off the top of my head, something like minimum balance or minimum transfer amount per month... I can’t remember but it goes to 6% if you don’t meet the requirement, which is still better than virgin.

We've got a net saver through CBA at 6% but the deal is for new accounts from 6th august.

I only found this out when I went to check what rate we were getting after I saw this thread, saw the ad, and had a *doh* moment because we opened our net saver on august 5th. They very nicely switched us to the new rate though. Yay CBA :)

Turns out we need our house deposit by next Friday so not going to get much benefit from a high interest savings account in that kind of time frame but whatever, it might be handy.

Hi, *bumping* up this older post.

Does anyone have experience with Virgin Money, especially with the time taken to transfer money in/out to a regular account?

Thank you.

Back