Vendor Advocacy

Hi - can anyone share their experience using vendor advocacy? The reason I consider using their service is because this is the first time for me selling a property and not sure about the selling process, marketing costs, choosing the best agents, etc.

I read selling a property can be a daunting and costly process especially if you have picked the wrong agent.

I am considering using Scott McGeever from www.propertyresearch.com.au. Can anyone share any experience using his service?

Many Thanks

Hi - can anyone share their experience using vendor advocacy? The reason I consider using their service is because this is the first time for me selling a property and not sure about the selling process, marketing costs, choosing the best agents, etc.

I read selling a property can be a daunting and costly process especially if you have picked the wrong agent.

I am considering using Scott McGeever from www.propertyresearch.com.au. Can anyone share any experience using his service?

Many Thanks

Have a read of this thread on VA: http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97758

While I have not used Scott's VA services, I do know him from the REBAA www.rebaa.com.au meetings we attend together, and he appears to me to be quite proficient at what he does, and quite reasonable to talk to.

Don't waste your time or money. Vendor advocacy in my opinion is only for rich people who are time poor who do not want to manage the process.

Simply go to this link:

http://www.realestate.com.au/sold

Type in your suburb and look at properties similar to yours that have recently sold. Make sure to filter by most recently sold.

Look for three properties that are similar to yours and ask those agents to come give you an appraisal of your property.

They will go through the costs and the process. By the third agent you will be a guru. Pick the agent you like.

The way most VA take commission is 50% or 60% of the agents commission.

All you have done is made the REA less involved in the process and less likely to work on your property.

Interview 3-4 agents and pick someone you like and could trust, look at realestate.com for similar sold price to see who is likely telling you the truth and have a go.

Most of them have tables or sliding scales that you can look at, and bear in mind that advertising comes separately, and that price is dependent on the 'package'. In SA I paid about $8k to sell my $370k place with the agent I felt comfortable with, plus advertising. That was pretty reasonable to me.

Really depends on market and location (regional take longer to sell and would be more expensive) as a ball park 2.2% inc gst + advertising

Back