Vegemite Name - vote for Husband's suggestion!

So, there is now an online poll for Vegemite's new name, and these are your choices!

My husband entered Vegemate in the recent competition where isnack 2.0 was selected:rolleyes: but now they are doing and online poll starting at 6pm tonight and his is one of the possibilities.

You can vote here

http://www.vegemite.com.au/vegemite/page?siteid=vegemite-prd&locale=auen1&PagecRef=758

These are the others:

1.VEGEMITE CHEESYBITE
2.VEGEMITE CREAMYMATE
3.VEGEMITE SMOOTH
4.VEGEMITE SNACKMATE
5.VEGEMITE VEGEMATE
6.VEGEMITE VEGEMILD

Wonder if he will get two tickets to the AFL grandfinal :eek::p

sponsored by Apple?

it's like eating a big american T Bone then wiping your face with the yankee flag - it just doesn't sit well with the locals.

My adult kids told me how great it was - bleck! It's in the fridge somewhere - I'll have to remember to give it to them as they like it so much.

I love the original - I would doubt that there has been a day in my life since I was about 1 when I haven't eaten it.

I would doubt that there has been a day in my life since I was about 1 when I haven't eaten it.

Not surprised really, you've gotta save all your spare dosh just to pay the bleepin' plumbers.

What do you have it with - bread and dripping ?? ;)

voted! didn't think much of the other options ... cheesymite would've been okay (but they had cheesymate!). gotta keep the mite or vege in there somewhere.

isnack was so pathetic - and apparently they pulled 500,000 isnack labelled "stuff" from the shelves last week.

good luck

The baby found a jar of the original vegemite in a jar in the cupboard today. Demanded it be opened. Demanded a taste. Pulled a face, shook her head and ran away!

When she does the same thing with more edible foods like peanut butter or jam she ends up demanding a spoon to eat it with and then we have a tantrum on our hands upon trying to explain that a jar of peanut butter and a spoon is NOT dinner.

isnack 2.0 and cheesymate are 2 of the stupidest terms I'ver ever heard

pretty much regardless of what they may be used for

actully, I wrote the above before I took the survey, could not see a cheesymate in the survey myself

Baker's Delight use the name 'Cheesymite scroll' so that's one not allowed to be used.

And since they aren't on the list I'm guessing ones like Tastymite, Tastymate etc also already taken.

Seems too big an error for a company like Kraft to make with iSnack2.0. But was it an error?, it's getting even more publicity now. It should have always been put to a vote in the first place. Might be worth digging out the full page ad that was in the Herald and keeping it (collectors item one day, can go in the cupboard with our Duff beer can ;) )

I haven't tried it myself. The beauty of vegemite was it could sit on your sandwich for 4 hours in 30+ degrees and still be good at lunch break. All this fiddling around keeping it in the fridge etc seems troublesome to me. Especially when you could just get a dollap of cream cheese (like a Laughing cow triangle) and make your own mix fresh if thats what you are in the mood for?

I voted, let us know what/if your hubby wins.

Baker's Delight use the name 'Cheesymite scroll' so that's one not allowed to be used.

Yeah, I heard that some where. They can't use cheesymite due to already in use.

Funny thing is though, My family and everyone else I know have been calling it cheesymite since when it came out. I'm certain if it had of been called i-snak2, it would have still been called cheesymite by my family and me, and what ever it ends up being called, it will still be called cheesymite here.

It's cheesymite to most people, and will be called that I think.

See ya's.

Not surprised really, you've gotta save all your spare dosh just to pay the bleepin' plumbers.

What do you have it with - bread and dripping ?? ;)

Bread roll, butter and salt & vinegar chips :D

Isn't one of vegemites main ingredients Yeast Extract (MSG)

My dad loved bread and dripping. Pork dripping it had to be, with salt on hot toast.

He was a lovely Londoner and ate all sorts of things like that.

He had the most beautiful accent - when I hear Michael Caine speak I always think of my dad. :)

Sorry slightly off topic there.

Back