Townplanners For VCAT

I'm in the process of trying to obtain permits for townhouses and having great deal of problems with the council even though the neighbors didn't object to the townhouses.

It looks like it will be heading off to VCAT.

I don't like my architect that well and don't think he did a great job with the council.

Whats the process of applying to VCAT

and does anyone know of any Really Good TOWN PLANNER for the Mooneey Valley Area??

how far along are you in the process? has it been advertised, any objectors? and has it been knocked back by the council or are you thinking that it might be?

how far along are you in the process? has it been advertised, any objectors? and has it been knocked back by the council or are you thinking that it might be?

Hi Savoys,

Its been advertised and there are just over 12 objectors. No one next door or behind the subject property has objected which is good.

The only objectors where from across the road and a few houses down from the site.

We have downsized as council wanted us to do to make the objectors happy, but the council keep finding something else wrong, like colours, and now are saying that its to bulky and wouldn't fit it the area.

The council are nit picking now at everything and I find that this is personal.

It seems now, dosent matter what we do the council always finding something else.

And its mentally draining, all the requirements meet with RESA code.

I'm just wanting to know my options, and where I stand. I don't want the architect to represent me at VCAT due to reasons that I wont discuss on this forum.

It does seem 95% it will be knocked backed by the council. As they want us to downsize even further which we cant as there is no more room to move.

How would I go about obtaining a permit through VCAT??

And how do I go about finding a GOOD town planner to represent me in VCAT?

yes, you will need a good town planner to represent you, and they should be able to advise on if it has a chance of being approved, and how much it will cost. As far as going to VCAT, my experience is that after being knocked back by the council, they will state their reasons, and on that letter will be the process of appealing thru VCAT. This takes another few months. Objectors can attend.

How many units are you wanting to build and do they comply with POS- private open space?

all the best:)

Thanks for your replies.

Im planning on building 3 detached townhouses on a corner allotment of 850M2 of land. They all comply and have more then 40M2 of Open Space.

There are some very old houses in the street and the town planners are making life difficult even though they well and truly comply regarding setbacks, caparking, open space, etc.

Back