Time to invest in Bundaberg's beachside

Hi all,

Is anyone out there keeping their finger on the pulse of Burnett heads or Bargara?

I have a block of land in Burnett Heads and was considering getting another either there or Bargara a street or 2 to the beach.

I know the new IGA at B/H is all approved and so is the new bridge to the marina, but so far not too much of a movement in prices, I also know that it has been a flat market for a year or so, so I'm thinking it may be near time to pounce again.... anyone else in the know in this area??????

Cheers,

D.

Hi D
I have been visiting that area for 2 years now. I too have watched the prices bottom out. So I bought a block in Bargara in June $10k under asking price. It is in the Bargara Breeze estate. Im whacking a Perry Home on it. 4bed/2bathroom single story. Good quality product that I will put my parents in as caretakers. Other houses in that estate are roughly asking/selling $480 to 580
Got the contract price yesterday to start in November. All up house/land$360,000. 50% of stage 2 is sold in that estate. Many residents are City dropouts/grey nomads. Keep an eye on Elliot Heads too. A satellite city is being planned by a large US outfit for that area. There is a lot of interest up there. Not to the same degree as Brisbane or the Nossa area, but growing all the same. 6,000 people migrated to the greater Bundaberg area last year. The airport I have been told is to be extended to take jets in the forseeable future. There is a good mix of people there. The Port area I would be very keen to invest in. I really want to buy a waterfront close to the entrance to the Burnett River, for myself.

80,000 people per year moving to QLD are not all going to SEQ

I also bought a high quality 2 story townhouse 3bed/2b/room in South Bundaberg for $220,000 at the same time. Nice and close to the CBD. Unconfirmed valuation a shade under $240,000 or 9%. Good existing long term tenant paying $200 pw.
If you need any more info let me know, and I will endeavour to point you in the right direstion.
Let us know what you do.

cheers

There is approval for an IGA at Moore Park Beach also, this area is going to go off. Apparently Bundaberg airport is going Jet next year also, which will help the entire region.

Regards
Alistair

Back