They forgot a wall!

What's the problem? Open plan living. All the rage now.
My only concern is the pillow stains. What do these people get up to?
I love that house. it's a classic. Drive past it whenever I visit my Dad.

Project 1080

The project: 10 IPs in 80 mths.

Actually, I was going to make the title "Only dogs c**p in the corner".
Years ago I went through a display home in which the dunny was not only in the bed room, it was on a raised platform. :eek:

Another had only clear glass between it and the street.

But when you're young and in love ........ I really don't know how to finish that sentence.

Brings a whole new level of closeness into the marriage, doesn't it?

I guess that's why there are 7 bedrooms - so one partner can move out when the other one has food poisoning...

That style of open bathroom next to the bed etc in often used in NY and Chicargo in the US .
And i am told they do not build kitchens in these style of homes anny more?? all {take out}

it's a heritage home and it's a loft conversion - studio style - prob for guests or teenagers...

i don't mind it. it's different.

i just can't believe how CHEAP that house is - it's BEAUTIFUL BEYOND WORDS and in a great location.

it's a heritage home and it's a loft conversion - studio style - prob for guests or teenagers...

i don't mind it. it's different.

i just can't believe how CHEAP that house is - it's BEAUTIFUL BEYOND WORDS and in a great location.

I agree. I would buy it in a heartbeat!!

Perhaps I should have added that I would buy it in a heartbeat if it did not entail moving the whole family from Brisbane :p.

Absolutely gorgeous place though.

i think it looks hideous. we stayed in a place in portland with a beautiful bed but positioned right in the middle of the room. the toilet and shower were sort of off to a corner of the room.
in prison cells the toilet is also not screened off in the rooms/cells.
it looks like an add on.
not pleasing at all.

The major problem I see currently is the location. Right on the corner of the Melbourne-Torquay Road (Princess Hwy) and Bellarine Peninsula turnoff. Once the Torquay bypass through western Geelong is finished it should alleviate the traffic. At presesnt it gets stacks of traffic, especially trucks.

Project 1080.

Forget the loo, look at the wallpaper in that house!

I'd buy it if it was, ooooh, $700,000 less and 1km from my spare house :)

We actually do have some big old interesting houses come up every now and again - not modernised like that of course - for reasonable sums of money when their old owners drop off the perch, so I just have to keep my eyes peeled. Being a farming town I assume all the big impressive mansiony houses round here used to belong to rich landowners in the distant past. And being so conservative here, any local version of that house is sure to have all its toilet walls intact.

Don't mean to be picky, but I thought you had to have a door between toilets and living areas to abide by health laws?
Pretty sure this is the case in WA for new builds, not so sure on an oldie like this.

Boods

I thought there had to be an "airlock" set up between a kitchen and toilet, but I have seen a number of new places with ensuite very open to the bedroom and nary a door in sight. I quite like the look myself, but in this case, I would remove the loo.

If that house was in my suburb for the same price, I would snap it up. Interestingly I would happily live in that era of house, or equally a cutting edge new build, but nothing in between, if I had my choice.

An exposed luxury bath in an open area would look good but dont know about that set up. It just looks wrong.

The toilet would have been better placed where the shower is and facing the bookshelf with a small partition hiding it but allowing access from where the toilet is situated now.

Back