The heavens are smiling....

Did people remember to check the alignment of the moon, Venus and Jupiter? A smiley face in the western sky.

I think it depends on where you were and the time. I just looked and it was almost perfect face, although tilting to the right.

This was one picture - you need to double click it to see the eyes.

Attachments

• smile.jpg
    smile.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 168
We were fortunate enough to see it earlier in the night & we couldn't get the kids to go to bed... they were digging up binoculars, telescopes, etc. :) It was fun watching them running around, trying to work out which eye shines more, trying to draw it on paper, etc...

I asked my 3yo god-daughter "can you see the face, with eyes and a mouth?" She answered "yes, and hair!".

WTF was she looking at? LOL :D

my little girl was talking about "the cheshire cat" last night - i had no idea what she was talking about until i went outside last night....

"Good Fortune and Prosperity?

Those two bright lights, so close to the Moon last night, were Venus and Jupiter. Their rare sunset spectacle does not, on its own, signify the end of the credit crunch. The pessimism genie has been let out of the bottle and it may take some months before enough optimists team up to chase it back in. Still, we should be encouraged by the planets of prosperity and good fortune aligning so closely this close to Christmas. It augurs well for a fruitful festive season a New Year, with a new President, pursuing new policies from which many benefit."

(courtsey of cainer.com.au)

and a prosperous new year to all ... hubby asked last night if he could take a package from work (3yrs full pay) and become a full time landlord. i have to now sit down and work out how to make it happen!

sorry i've been away - had the throbbing veins stipped out from one leg so have been feeling rather sore and sorry, and full of stitches!

With three years' full pay wouldn't you be able to carry on as if he had a job, he can "have a go" and if he doesn't like being a full time landlord, possibly find another job before the three years is up.

Would be very tempting for us if hubby was offered a package like that.

Of course, the downside is that should he not like being a full time landlord and want his (or similar) job back it might not be that easy to get back. But I know that you know that.

Very tempting.....

Hope your leg feels better soon. Is it like having wisdom teeth out. They say you get them all done together because it is so painful that doing one side means you never ever want to go back for the other side :)

Apparently in New York, instead of the smile, the moon was upside down and it became a grumpy face! Now that is Karma!

Good grief Ozperp, one can only imagine what your daughter was seeing! Kids! Ouch to those legs lizzie! Well worth it though I bet!

Someone told me last night was the first time this has been able to be seen in 36 years..... so probably not again tonight.

Over here in Brazil its not a smily face at all rather a unhappy mouth with some bright pimples on the chin. I don't know much about astronomy etc but I do wonder why its upside down compared to Oz. Maybe its because I am close to the equator.

Back