The best investment vehicle of them all. 0% $$$ outlay and massive returns...

...Wait for your relo's to die and inherit all their property's, shares and cash.

Does anyone have people like this in their family? I know a few people like this who don't invest and spend everything they earn cause they know they'll have a big pay day when a relative croaks. They're quiet open about it all too. :D

I know people who spend $100+ a week on lotto tickets with the idea that a big win will solve their lack of planning.

When I was dating I met a lot of women in their 30's who had no financial plan and no savings at all.

They accused me of being money hungry when I tried to discuss home ownership or shares with them.

I guess the money they spent on looking good and having what they wanted was designed to catch a guy like me to solve their financial woes.

I think banking on an inheritance can be just as flawed for many folks.

Your the perfect relative...NOT!

Real ordinary champ if your waiting for freebies to come your way after relatives pass on......people with your attitude will probably blow the lot in 12 months and be back where you started.

Best way to get ahead is do the hard yards with trial and error and learning from any mistakes along the way.

You get out of life what you put into it.

Your whole attitude is very wrong in my opinion.

CSC2

I think the author was floating the idea for discussion. I didn't read it as if it was his plan for the future.

Cheers,

to post it you must think the idea is sound or you would not have bother posting garbage.....therein lays the answer..:eek:

I suppose it's not a bad strategy, just make sure you keep on their good side or they could cut you out towards the end. lol :D

I think it's flawed & there's something distasteful about thinking that way...not criticising the OP, just the people that do think like that.

I hope all those banking on a windfall like this find out it's all been willed to The Lost Dogs home or some other worthy charity! That'd really get their goat!

I know people who spend $100+ a week on lotto tickets with the idea that a big win will solve their lack of planning.

When I was dating I met a lot of women in their 30's who had no financial plan and no savings at all.

They accused me of being money hungry when I tried to discuss home ownership or shares with them.

I guess the money they spent on looking good and having what they wanted was designed to catch a guy like me to solve their financial woes.

I think banking on an inheritance can be just as flawed for many folks.

As the 'woman' half of mary&mat, I feel women like this give us a bad name! How dare they look to rely on someone else to look after them?!? Purchase your own property/shares etc & stand on your own two feet - have some dignity women everywhere!

Hopefully Simon, you will find a lovely gal with her own portfolio that will buy you dinner occaisionally ;)

...Wait for your relo's to die and inherit all their property's, shares and cash.

I do know of several people who may not be living like that on purpose, but without their parents inheritance will probably end up being on the govt. welfare in retirement.

What does amaze me at times is people in their 30's and 40's still getting repeatedly bailed out by their parents due to their poor financial habits.

Best way to get ahead is do the hard yards with trial and error and learning from any mistakes along the way.

I'd say that the best way to get ahead is to start ahead and be born into a wealthy family. But for the rest of us I agree with the hard yards sentiment.

My grandparents both died this year, recently enough that one doesn't even have a death certificate yet, and as my mother discovered first time around (she's not handling this one) you can't do squat without that certificate. They had a house freehold and money in the bank, but nothing else that I know of.

Since I have no idea who their stuff is going to, I'm not exactly factoring any inheritance windfalls into my budget. I got Oma's baking pans and biscuit cutters and some other little things, which are getting used enthusiastically, that'll do ...

Even if we were the sort that would wait around for an inheritance, we still would be lucky to get any.

My Dad died several years ago now and nothing came my way (not that I wanted anything). Mum lives in a Retirement Home, spending her pension each fortnight. There will be nothing left.

Hubby's father died a bit before mine. Again, I think he got a circular saw, which promptly died too. Nothing else! When his mother passes, well, she owns her home (unlike my mother), but Hubby is the youngest of seven and she has something like 27 grandchildren and I can't remember how many great grandchildren, so it is possible that nothing much will be left there either, depending on how she chooses to make the split.

As far as I am concerned, I am more than happy for her to spend it all. It belongs to her, after all. She should enjoy it.

With our kids, we have discussed investments many times over the years. They have a head start in the knowledge stakes that neither Hubby or I had, so they should both be able to look after themselves. We won't be storing up money just to give them both an inheritance (sorry Lil), as we intend to enjoy ourselves with what we have achieved.:D

I like your sentiments Skater. (sorry Lil ;) )

I feel the same. If my folks were alive, I'd be encouraging them to do all they could with their money; travel, spend up big, buy a sportscar, whatever you like, you've earned it!

Daisy will know (like Lil), that we have assets, but she will be expected to make her own way in the world. We will give her advice but financially, if she gets herself in the poo, we will not be bailing her out.

Her Auntie is 30ish & has a shocking financial record, bankruptcies, repossessions etc & still doesn't seem to get it! Spends her money on beauty products & personal indulgences. I think she's banking on getting the parents' house. If she does, I can see it being repossessed too. She cottoned on that we had a LOC & even suggested we could help bail her out of her debts (approx 30K)! I almost had kittens!

Last edited:
Read up on Sir Reg Ansett's inheritence fun.

Interesting hardline attitude, while I agree with some of his sentiment, he took it a lot too far

ta
rolf

Read up on Sir Reg Ansett's inheritence fun.

Interesting hardline attitude, while I agree with some of his sentiment, he took it a lot too far in nto even providing for his direct relos that took care of his wife after he died

ta
rolf

Back