Tarneit Gardens in VIC

There is a massive supply of lower quality (new housing) going up. Not many nicer type homes but could still be a good get. I would prefer others to Tarneit but thats not to say that a good buy can not be had

I was going to buy one there, but pulled out because the bank valuation came back $27k short of the $360k asking price!

I was going to buy one there, but pulled out because the bank valuation came back $27k short of the $360k asking price!

Let me guess.....

You were buying off the plan; you are in Queensland and have not visited Tarneit?

Lots of overpriced off the plan stuff being sold to interstate investors in the West, Tarneit is just one area.

Second hand houses are often heaps cheaper even with stamp duty when you consider curtains, pergolas, landscaping etc.

cheers

RightValue

Friend of mine was complaining today that it took her an hour and forty minutes to get from Werribee to the city in this morning because of the traffic.

Tarneit area

I'm flying up to Melbourne next weekend to purchase in Werribee area. I've done a lot of research and think this is the best area to find something in my price range.

I have been buying IPs in Adelaide and Brisbane but 30k out of these cities comparing prices of houses esp public transport, I think Werribee/Tarneit seems very good and as I'm maxed out due to land tax so have to invest in diff state.

This forum seems to speak favorably of this area - I guess you get what you pay for and the houses are very cheap compared to other states I've looked at. I won't know for sure until I visit and evaluate for myself. If I compare to Mt Barker in Adelaide which only has about 4 buses a day into city (a little exagerated but close), it seems very good.

Back