Strata Questions - Fire Regs and Sinking Fund Analysis Plan

Im off to do some research on these with the solicitor but thought Id post here first.

Im looking at an existing strata building just out of builders warranty. I want to ensure the building is fully compliant in regards to fire regulations. From memory there is a certificate stating this. Can anyone remember what it is called, who it is issued by(council?), who it is held by? (stratamanager?)

Ive also noted there is no sinking fund analysis plan completed. Since the strata fund has a number >50000 I thought this needed to be complete by 1 July 06? Whats the possible exposure due to this not being completed (other than the obvious possible increase in strata fees?)

In canberra, it's called "fire appliances approval certificate"

I'll fax mine to myself tomorrow and upload it as an image for you

Im off to do some research on these with the solicitor but thought Id post here first.

Im looking at an existing strata building just out of builders warranty. I want to ensure the building is fully compliant in regards to fire regulations. From memory there is a certificate stating this. Can anyone remember what it is called, who it is issued by(council?), who it is held by? (stratamanager?)

Ive also noted there is no sinking fund analysis plan completed. Since the strata fund has a number >50000 I thought this needed to be complete by 1 July 06? Whats the possible exposure due to this not being completed (other than the obvious possible increase in strata fees?)

It is the Annual Fire Safety Certificate, issued by council and held by the strata manager.

Back