Stanhope v Baulkham Hills

Not knowing Sydney very well.

I would like personal opinion with investment hat on, on buying a

House in Stanhope Gardens or Glenwood
v townhouse or villa in Baulkham hills pls.

Not knowing Sydney very well.

I would like personal opinion with investment hat on, on buying a

House in Stanhope Gardens or Glenwood
v townhouse or villa in Baulkham hills pls.

Hi john

on what basis have you chosen those suburbs? These are mainly owner occupier areas, with no train line.

Is this one of those times where if you don't have something positive to say then say nothing at all.

Would you invest here? Have you invested in these suburbs?

Its a rubbish area for investing or developing. BH on the other hand is excellent - your only problem there is the amount of competition.

Stanhope Gardens is cookie cutter, house and land package type deals. Baulkham Hills is much better IMO. I would invest there if I could afford it. Better schools, better reputation. Is(?) flying high on the coat tails of Castle Hill, Pennant Hills etc.

Is this one of those times where if you don't have something positive to say then say nothing at all.

Would you invest here? Have you invested in these suburbs?

i thought monalisa's question was a valid question in order to assess what exactly are you looking for. i don't think she was not trying to be rude unless she says so ;)

Just to build on that ^^

Many investors have a set criteria they work within (typically on train line, off main road, lower proportion of owner/occupiers etc, etc).

Being unfamiliar with Sydney (or at least that part f Sydney) monlisa was probably just making sure you knew some of the ins and outs of that particular area :)

I don't think John was having a go at me :) but thanks guys - I think he was just confirming people aren't posting responses as they have nothing positive too say - I hope this is the case anyway, as we have exchanged a few PMs re Sydney.

Hi Guys

I PMed Monalisa instead of posting publicly. I am very appreciative of her time to respond.

I interpreted the lack of other replies as it being not a good idea to buy there - people have a lot of opinions on a lot of places on here. I took the silence as people being polite, rather than giving their 2 cents. Certainly didn't mean to appear rude.

Would depend on the individual property but between the two in a general sense I would take the house in stanhope gardens.

Thanks for the reply. Can I ask why?

I have read/heard good things about Baulkham Hills being a desirable place to live. Nothing negative. A societal perception or attitude that the Hills shire is better than Blacktown. Different demographic and background of tenents also. If people want to live there then that lowers the risk of vacancy. If I want to sell there would be buyers. The BA suggested Stanhope and Glenwood (I don't want to get into a debate on using BA's either). I have looked at stats on those areas, I have looked at google earth. If those are both in Blacktown shire why would someone live or buy there instead of the neighbouring cheaper areas?

I have read/heard good things about Baulkham Hills being a desirable place to live. Nothing negative. A societal perception or attitude that the Hills shire is better than Blacktown. Different demographic and background of tenents also. If people want to live there then that lowers the risk of vacancy. If I want to sell there would be buyers. The BA suggested Stanhope and Glenwood (I don't want to get into a debate on using BA's either). I have looked at stats on those areas, I have looked at google earth. If those are both in Blacktown shire why would someone live or buy there instead of the neighbouring cheaper areas?

In my view, Blacktown region will make better investment - there is so much going for it, in terms of business investment (as I mentioned in my PM, Sydney plan 2036) [Edit: by Blacktown region, I mean blacktown, Mt Druitt, and surrounds]

There are good tenants in this region as well, with low vacancy rates, and better returns/yield.

I guess at the end of the day, it depends on your strategy.

Lastly, western Sydney is currently very crazy, so perhaps some growth has already happened.

Thanks Monalisa

My head also says why not other areas - where there is better yield and prospects. The BA doesn't service those areas. -+ It has taken a while to get to the point of having the ducks in a row to buy in West Syd. Now that I can it is a sellers market. Add to that I also may have missed the boat - as people have posted on the ridiculous prices people are paying for average/ low condition homes. I don't expect a bargain but I would like to avoid overpaying.

Thanks Monalisa

My head also says why not other areas - where there is better yield and prospects. The BA doesn't service those areas. -+ It has taken a while to get to the point of having the ducks in a row to buy in West Syd. Now that I can it is a sellers market. Add to that I also may have missed the boat - as people have posted on the ridiculous prices people are paying for average/ low condition homes. I don't expect a bargain but I would like to avoid overpaying.

There are a two who may be able to help with Western Sydney - Propetunity and Nathan Birch. However, as you have already stated - whatever you buy won't necessarily be a bargain.

Good luck with the search :)

Edit: Jacque covers Blacktown (suburb) too.

Glenwood & Stanhope benefit from being close to Norwest. Easy access onto the M2/M7, Stanhope is a short drive to quakers hill station & also if the norwest rail link gets completed. Stanhope also has some good sporting fields and a popular aquatic centre. Some very high prices being paid in neighbouring Kellyville ridge & the ponds. Places to avoid would be around the correctional centre & main roads.

You won't have the issues of strata ownership or the continued supply of units/townhouses that I would expect to see in Baulkham Hills over the coming years.

In saying all that it also depends on the individual property.

Western Sydney

Here is the youtube link for Western Sydney suburb.

Baulkham Hills:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvxuBhxRgKE

The Ponds:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_rpHeuNrrU

Rouse Hill :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6cgmpJAnLw

Glenwood :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBdnGiR1qkY

Bella Vista:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M90AvgLsxxo

I will upload other Western Suburb shortly.

Baulkham Hills are old suburb, rest of The Pinds, Rouse Hill, Glenwood are very similar. Bella Vista is a very rich suburb.

I would buy villa in BH over house in SG as i personally see greater cg opp in BH

i would pick villa over townhouse for more land content

Back