So it's ok to talk about Nathan Tinkler but not about ......

The first one had broken links and you yourself asked if it should be removed.

The second one you edited the content from, so it was no longer meaningful, so I deleted that one too.

You're more than welcome to start a thread ... but it is one of those topics which is extremely emotive for a lot of people (many lost a LOT of money), and so it is likely to become lawyer bait and will likely get heavily moderated anyway.

I asked if it should be , not for it to be deleted . theres a difference . I wanted you to be aware of it in case you had a problem with it .

The second one I was in the process of editing it and replacing the link with something along the lines of this post , but when I went to press save , I couldn't as the thread was deleted .

If you're going to delete anything further , how about the title of the first thread which is still there ..

Cliff

As a long time poster ... am I the only one who has "no idea" who we are chatting about?

Obviously I didn't invest or seek financial advice

Which is pretty common amongst business people afaik.

Hardly salacious at all.

Indeed, if I was operating a financial advice business and didn't have my own assets structured in a sensible way to deal with the inherent risks involved, then I wouldn't think my own advice was worth much :rolleyes:

The second one I was in the process of editing it and replacing the link with something along the lines of this post , but when I went to press save , I couldn't as the thread was deleted .

Apolgies for paying too much attention ... it looked like you had given up on the thread.

Feel free to start a new thread. As I mentioned, it is likely to be heavily moderated though, due to the emotive nature of the topic for many members here.

This thread will be closed shortly.

As a long time poster ... am I the only one who has "no idea" who we are chatting about?

Obviously I didn't invest or seek financial advice

As a short term spammer I'm in the same boat.

Still, innuendo and intrigue is pretty fascinating.

As for family members being the owners of assets, I'd hardly say that was anything suss. Very common practice.

Robert kiyosaki for example is quite upfront about having had failed businesses.

Could be a cultural thing - maybe in the US going bankrupt is just a part of life.... then you dust yourself off, get back up, and try again....

Also, he's such a public figure that if he didn't disclose it, it would surely come out anyway.

And, at some level, it gives him more credibility in helping others succeed financially in life - "hey, look at me, I failed and went bankrupt, but I learned my lesson and went onto bigger and better success..."

Apolgies for paying too much attention ... it looked like you had given up on the thread.

Feel free to start a new thread. As I mentioned, it is likely to be heavily moderated though, due to the emotive nature of the topic for many members here.

This thread will be closed shortly.

I did start a new thread . This one .

As we're not mentioning specific names , why does this thread need to be closed ?

Sorry sim , but I think that's taking it too far. IMHO

Cliff

Sorry Cliff, this thread is rather pointless without naming names and this thread was started to discuss moderation, not the topic at hand.

We've had our discussion about that, so now this thread has no more purpose.

Now that I understand you were mid-way through editing it, I am happy to reinstate your previous thread if you like. It was only deleted because I thought you didn't want it anymore.

As for complaints about heavy moderation of this topic, if you prefer I can set my mobile to forward all calls from that person and his lawyers to you, so that you can deal with the complaints yourself. I do get a lot of calls about it and I don't particularly care to deal with them really.

As for complaints about heavy moderation of this topic, if you prefer I can set my mobile to forward all calls from that person and his lawyers to you, so that you can deal with the complaints yourself. I do get a lot of calls about it and I don't particularly care to deal with them really.

Ok fair enough .

Cliff

Back