Seeking Mentor

Hi All
I'm putting feelers out for an experienced property development mentor. I'm serious about making PD my primary business, and have already breached into the field using options. I am now at the point I need some further guidance, advice etc, and would like to find someone to act as a sounding board or guide to enable me to progress beyond where I am now.

I'm happy to provide details of where i've been and what i've done privately via email to any serious, and I do mean serious, interested parties. You would be a successful developer in your own right with a number of successful projects completed, and also on the go presently. I am not interested in doing any more 'seminars' or courses from the various spruikers around town. I have had enough of the falsehoods and inaccurate 'promises' made by these people.

I would be grateful to hear from you, and you can email me to discuss further (including JV arrangements if appropriate) at [email protected].

Thanks

Matt.

You would be a successful developer in your own right with a number of successful projects completed, and also on the go presently.

Hi Matt,

Sorry I don't fit this description myself, however just curious, are you offering any incentive for someone who is in this position to mentor you? As I would imagine someone in this position especially with "projects on the go" would already be quite pressed for any free time.

Maybe you can list what you have accomplished on this forum and then get ideas and suggestions from investors here.

Regards,

Raja

Matt,

If I could just mention, try and match your "Level" with that of your Mentor.

If you are on Level 3, I'd suggest matching yourself up with a Level 5 investor, as they will have very recent and direct experience of that which you are seeking to do. The gap is big enough that you'll respect their opinion and advice, but not too big that you are left floundering.

No point latching onto a Level 8 or 9, as they'll be doing things that are way above both your comprehension and abilities (conceptual and financial).

If you are on Level 7, then these higher level guys are perfect for you, and conversely the Level 5 chap is nigh on useless to you.

Happy mentor hunting. :)

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the forum.

Why don't you use the collective knowledge and experience of this forum as your mentor?

Post your questions and endeavours here, there are a number of experienced developers here on the forum that would be in a position to answer your queries. That way, everyone benefits.

Ok I think I should clarify something for anyone reading my post. I'm not trying 'pick anyone's brains' or get something for nothing, thus my offer to JV projects in return for knowledge. These are details i would discuss with an interested party in private only. I'm not out here for a free ride or otherwise, just trying to find someone real, ethical, honest and experienced who's willing to share their knowledge rather than do nothing but take money and upsell.

Thanks for the advice on the levels etc.. something I'd not heard before myself, so there you go, learnt somethign already. I'd say, having only done one option deal which is still on the market i'd be level 1 (or whatever the beginners level is). I can relate all my experience, contacts and network to the interested parties should there be any, and they can then perhaps judge where I'm at also.

thanks again.
Matt

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the forum.

Why don't you use the collective knowledge and experience of this forum as your mentor?

Post your questions and endeavours here, there are a number of experienced developers here on the forum that would be in a position to answer your queries. That way, everyone benefits.

Hi Joanna,
in truth because of two reasons:
1 - response times and timeliness of information - if you need something there and then, you need it there and then, and you cant' wait for posters to get back to you in a week or so if at all. I intend on making this a business and being a professional in as many aspects of it as possible, thus my need for more personal contact and accessibility.

2- I'm not comfortable talking business in an open forum until the deal is done so to speak. I've already experienced how cut-throat the development world can be, and rightly or wrongly am a little gun-shy in the whole sharing caring side of things. Happy to discuss once things are up and running, but not prior.

Not meaning to offend anyone, but for now I prefer for things to remain private. I'll gladly share experiences once i've had them.

Thanks for your response Joanna

Matt.

Back