Section Sale of Land Act 1962 contract cooling off period is it void if not signed??

Just a general question regarding sale of property in victoria.

I sold a property to a friend using both the same solicitor and he singed the contract at my home and section 27 and its a terms contract over 3 payments.

Now we forgot to sign section Sale of Land Act 1962 on the contract the cooling off period on all 3 contracts. My solicitor sends there copy back for him to sign that section and for both of us to sign each others copies and then to return that contract with Sale of Land Act 1962 signed by both of us.

If he does not sign that section and has signed everywhere else is the contract void and can he get out of purchasing the property and can I sue him if I wanted to ?

And he has both copies of the contract his copy and the solicitors copy and hasnt signed my copy also. Any advise ?

What can I do and what can he do, 2 months has passed.

why don't you discuss it with the solicitor? It hasnt happened, just a general question if something like this was to happen.

after all isn't this his job? true, but I wrote this wanting to know if this did happen.

Make up your mind, It did, or didnt

Just a general question regarding sale of property in victoria.

I sold a property to a friend using both the same solicitor and he singed the contract at my home and section 27 and its a terms contract over 3 payments.

Now we forgot to sign section Sale of Land Act 1962 on the contract the cooling off period on all 3 contracts. My solicitor sends there copy back for him to sign that section and for both of us to sign each others copies and then to return that contract with Sale of Land Act 1962 signed by both of us.

If he does not sign that section and has signed everywhere else is the contract void and can he get out of purchasing the property and can I sue him if I wanted to ?

And he has both copies of the contract his copy and the solicitors copy and hasnt signed my copy also. Any advise ?

What can I do and what can he do, 2 months has passed.

why don't you discuss it with the solicitor? It hasnt happened, just a general question if something like this was to happen.

after all isn't this his job? true, but I wrote this wanting to know if this did happen.

"What if" questions here can get you every broadest possible perspective on the wrong answer, and maybe the right one,
but how would you tell without the specific info already.
Even the people here who are knowlegeable cant answer a "what if", with anything more than a "Yes But" under the circumstance.
Consult a solicitor, and follow their advice.

Back