Reverse parking design

I've trolled Google and can't find what I need, so hoping someone here can help me please. Can't find any designs. The driveway from the gutter to the garage is quite long, and will need to arc around my precious citrus trees close to the garage. So I'm intending to drive straight into the garage, and reverse out onto an apron-thingie, and then drive forward up the long driveway, out to the street.

Problem:
  • How do I know what the minimum measurements will be for the apron?
  • What shape of arc do I need to reverse?
  • How far back from the garage opening do I put the centre point for the back of the apron?
  • How big does the apron need to be?

Sailor

This reminds me of when I worked in London in an enclosed courtyard we had a metal turning circle, you drove onto it and it turned around and you drove off when you were pointing in the right direction.

I would love one in my carport. :D

Chris

Sailor

This reminds me of when I worked in London in an enclosed courtyard we had a metal turning circle, you drove onto it and it turned around and you drove off when you were pointing in the right direction.

I would love one in my carport. :D

Chris

saw a story about one of those in API about 3 months ago... looked pretty neat... and would be heaps of fun when not-so-sober :D

sailor - did the design have to take vehicle size into consideration?

saw a story about one of those in API about 3 months ago... looked pretty neat... and would be heaps of fun when not-so-sober :D

sailor - did the design have to take vehicle size into consideration?
Yes, but tis only a small car with a minute turning circle.

Back