Removalist Trucks - Hourly Rate

Hi all

Can anyone recommend a quality removalist company that covers the northern suburbs of Perth. Likewise if there is anyone I should avoid please feel free to PM me or post the details here.

We are moving a short distance within the same suburb and will be moving all minor items ourselves. We basically just need some guys with a truck to come in and move the bulkier items like bedroom suites, fridges, large cupboards, tables, etc.. I'm guessing we just want an hourly rate type arrangement. Is this the most economical way to do it?

Are there any pitfalls with this type of removalist service or how they charge (hidden charges?), or perhaps questions I should be asking?

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Angela :)

Hi Angela

I'm not sure how it works in Perth but in the ACT they charge a minimum two hours regardless of the length of the job.

The last time we moved, we rented a Hertz truck for around $200. It only took one trip.

Cheers

Jamie

Hi Angela,

You could get a truck from Budget, they were running promos on early in the year for $99 per day on Mondays & Tuesdays. They do have automatic trucks but you may need to go get the truck in the morning as there are limited number of them. They all come with a hydraulic lift at the back too which makes it easier to load and unload heavy items like a fridge. Their main depot is in Burswood.

I do suggest getting one of those hand trolley things which couriers & delivery truck drivers always use to move stuff. Makes it a lot easier to move things.

The cost to reduce excess is around $25, and also if you want to hire the trolley and blankets its $25 too.

You could just buy a trolley from bunnings, I saw one there for ~$20.

Joel

Hi all

Can anyone recommend a quality removalist company that covers the northern suburbs of Perth. Likewise if there is anyone I should avoid please feel free to PM me or post the details here.

I've used Mini Movers and I was very happy with them. I think they cover all of Perth. Can't remember specific costs but it was reasonable.

cheers

I think they are called Aveley Removers, DON'T use them. I had a similiar scenario, years ago now. I had told them they would need to remove the doors of my fridge to get it through the door, yes they said no worries. Well they refused to do it! So only got them to do a few things. They scratched heaps of furniture and think they must have had a 5 course meal on the twenty minute trip between houses as they took forever. I ended up getting a second company, one of the big removal companys who had been around forever, can't recall there name, the extra money was worth it for thier proffesionalism and expertise.

Back