redlight camera and front wheel activation of light or back wheels

How does a red-light camera know when the 2 front wheels go over a white line when a red light is activated?

To put it another way-how does the camera know the 2 back wheels are NOT activating the camera?

How does a red-light camera know when the 2 front wheels go over a white line when a red light is activated?

To put it another way-how does the camera know the 2 back wheels are NOT activating the camera?

I'd assume the radar on the red light camera is positioned to only hit after a full car length has gone over the white line.

Technically, it depends. In Qld it's when the front of the vehicle crosses when the light changes red. When I checked the laws in NSW last year there was a small gap- like half a second- between the light turning red and the camera being activated- however, the law is that you must stop at an amber light when it's safe to do so. The police could still technically get you in situations where a camera would not.

Can't really remember. Might be close to 0.5 seconds from red. Two measurements from front wheel activation. Rear is irrelevant and different length. Takes two photos and must be faster than 25km/h to activate. $341.
It's a good lie detector for those saying they were already in the intersection when it went red.

I might find a magic genie.

A fella goes the the beach and sees a man with a big body and a very small head. Bemused, he walks up to him and says "Don't mean to be rude by why have you got such a small head?"

The man replies, "look I don't mind you asking, You see I was walking along the water edge one day when I found this genie lamp. I rubbed the lamp and this most beautiful genie appeared and granted me one wish. So I said - how 'bout a lil head" lol

Back