Red Cars ... and Insurance.

I wonder how many captions we can come up with to suit these pics ?

Anyone from Perth will recognise the Windsor Hotel in South Perth in the background.
I mean, if you're going to run your little red car into a pole, might as well do it outside the the beer garden where you are guaranteed an audience right ??

How the heck you'd manage to achieve this is beyond me .... doesn't the thing steer properly or something??

kp

Attachments

• Red car 1.jpg
    Red car 1.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 169
  • Red.car 2.jpg
    Red.car 2.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 170
  • Red car 3.jpg
    Red car 3.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 164
Yeah, that's a classic. Those blokes in the beer garden, ya can just imagine the stories they will tell people for the next 40 years about them having a beer and some clown crashing in front of them in a red sports car.

Reminds me of my footy playing days. The bar was in one corner and it was always full of loyal drunks. Well, if ya had to score a try, it was like it was worth double points if it was in front of all the drunks.

Cheers.

LOL...no kidding.

Only these days, everyone jumps out with their camera phones and start snapping away.(see pic 3)

These pics probably went round the globle within 15 secs of the accident....

Ummm..........I hope Peter Spann was not running late to turn up for a seminar in Perth by any chance..........;) :)

Regards
Marty

Apparently he was completely drunk (his BAC was 0.224 after the police took his blood) and when he pulled out trying to show off to the contingent of young ladies onlooking at the Windsor, he tried to take the corner to quickly and some sort of traction control kicked in ???? whatever that is ??? and she lost it big time.

Being found to be WAY over the limit, no doubt the insurance co. won't want to even hear about it....so the repair bill is obviously completely down to him.

Luckily for him the engine is in the back, so only superficial damage at first glance, but that chassis might need a thorough inspection.

I thought the yellow traffic light pole stood up remarkably well. If any damage to that, no doubt he'll have to fork out for that as well.

I reckon some people on the forum will need to work their guts out and scrimp and save for a couple of years to accumulate the cash this clown lost in 5 seconds worth of skiting and bravado.

I wonder if all of the chaps outside drinking will follow his example or take other transport means home.

he tried to take the corner to quickly and some sort of traction control kicked in ???? whatever that is ??? and she lost it big time.

Traction control = Traffic light pole :D Looks like it worked quite well too... from 60km/h to 0km/h in 0.23 secs. hehe

Does anyone know what the guy in the middle of the 2nd photo is doing?? He looks just as drunk as the driver :D

Ozi

this is my local......live and work right near it. have been to it almost every sunday for oh...12 years. the one day i dont...get this happening!!:eek:

Wouldn't the caption have to be something like:

Brand new red Ferrarri................$250,000
???????......................$XXX,000
Being a total ****** in front of the Sunday afternoon beer crowd....Priceless!

Sorry, can't think of a funny 2nd line.

Wouldn't the caption have to be something like:

Brand new red Ferrarri................$250,000
???????......................$XXX,000
Being a total ****** in front of the Sunday afternoon beer crowd....Priceless!

Sorry, can't think of a funny 2nd line.
How about...

-20 beers ... $80

-Brand new red Ferrarri ... $250,000

-Being a total ****** in front of the Sunday afternoon beer crowd ... Priceless!

I remember seeing a picture a few years back, of Bert and Ernie (Sesame Street) driving a sports car like this. Maybe they were driving this one. :)

or, a slight variation:

feeding your mate 20 beers - $80 bucks
daring him to do a burnout infront of the pub - $100
watching him lose it and run his $250,000 sports car into a pole - priceless

2006 Ferrari Modena with 1200Kms on the odometer = $325000

Insurance on Ferrari Modena = $6000

10 Pints of favourite beer = $80

The facial expression as the driver realises the insurance company is not going payout whilst drink driving as he power slides into a traffic light = PRICELESS.

Some of the information I was sent along with the photos (recent photos came through of a very camera shy driver as well..nice shot of him sitting in a blue and white taxi as he departed though..appears he *bolted* after the accident and was chased down by a member of the public and taken back to the Windsor and detained by bouncers until the wallopers arrived.

That carbon composite that the vehicle is made out of is pretty expensive isn't it....hate to know the bill associated with this

this e-mail has done the rounds around our office rapidly as well including the drivers name (no Anonymity nowadays huh)

Car was not his - borrowed form Barbagallo's. Guy blew 0.244 - had been having a session at the Windsor, decided to show off,
went to peel out left from the traffic lights onto Mill Point Rd pulling
the finger at all the guys in the pub checking out the car, and
understeered straight into the pole when traction control kicked in. Guy
sitting in the Ferrari in the first photo of the crash, with his arm on
the window sill, was the tow-truck driver.

It's made the mainstream media now- in the SMH: Crunch time for $300,000 Ferrari
The nephew of fashion designer Carla Zampatti has been charged with driving three times over the legal alcohol limit after his $300,000 Ferrari slammed into a traffic light in Perth on Sunday night.

The Ferrari 360 Spider was purchased by Colin Zampatti just last month, and collided with the traffic pole about 8pm outside the Windsor Hotel in south Perth

LOL....
Price keeps changing as the story unfolds.

DOn't you just love DST ? ( Daylight Savings Time)
Still bright at 8:00 pm .....

Its just symptomatic of the crass financial exuberance that Perth is famous for when BOOM times are underway.

Everyone is eating out, Friday lunches are IN ( all day affairs), lots of new cars on the roads, BIG boats penned all over the place.

kp

Back