RE.com.au stuffed up?

it's been happening to me for a while now
i search for houses under 400k in upper mount gravatt, but search returns a lot of houses over 400k
does anyone else experience similar thing?
it didn't do it before

never mind, looked at the source code

price=300k_400k

looks like some agents trying to get extra attention listing houses in incorrect price range

No harm in putting in a lower offer, the price advertised is not the price you pay (unless you are like some of the other posters here who offer more because the agent told them another couple were interested in it)

The RE.com site seems to be really slow of late, maining when changing pages.

Anyone else noticed this?

I recently downloaded a new antivirus programme, maybe that has something to do with it :confused:

Regards
Marty

if that program was AVG with LinkScanner plugin enabled - then definitely yes.
Yes, the program was AVG. Don't know about the LinkScanner plugin thingamyjig.

Is there any way of adjusting AVG to make things run a bit quicker without negating the effectiveness (is that a word :D) of the AVG program?

Sorry to go off subject here.

Regards
Marty

Double click on that icon in your tray, in the opened window double click on 'Link Scanner', untick all boxes and apply the changes.

After that go to Tools>Advanced Settings>Ignore faulty conditions and tick the Link Scanner.

Restart your browser and it should all be fine. :)

Essentially, what link scanner does, is fetch all the links on a page you are currently on, and checking if they have viruses, or scams or other crap. Useful thing, but it generates a lot of traffic, since it downloads absolutely every page, which you might not even go to.

Yes, the program was AVG. Don't know about the LinkScanner plugin thingamyjig.

Is there any way of adjusting AVG to make things run a bit quicker without negating the effectiveness (is that a word :D) of the AVG program?

Sorry to go off subject here.

Regards
Marty

Ahhhhh a tech head just like me ;)

Double click on that icon in your tray, in the opened window double click on 'Link Scanner', untick all boxes and apply the changes.

After that go to Tools>Advanced Settings>Ignore faulty conditions and tick the Link Scanner.

Restart your browser and it should all be fine. :)
Hi Strannik.

Thanks for that.

The AVG symbol in my tray is now showing an exclamation mark (warning sign, I think), obviously because I have disabled the Link Scanner.

Will the antivirus still kick in if necessary?

Regards
Marty

Hi Kissfan

Double click on the icon again and right click the Linkscanner, then click ignore the component state and the exclamation mark will dissappear.

Regards

Regrow

Double click on the icon again and right click the Linkscanner, then click ignore the component state and the exclamation mark will dissappear.
Ahhh, all these things I never knew...

All done now. Thanks regrow.

Regards
Marty (learning something new everyday ;))

Back