Property Marketing Ideas

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for ideas that have worked when advertising/marketing properties for sale.

We have recently done a small development of four 2br homettes in Hackham West,Adelaide. We have had 3 open inspections and numbers thru have been disappointing. I think part of the problem is the suburb has had a poor image in the past and although the suburb has improved I feel a lot of potential buyers tend to skip past the the advertising in the alphabetical listings of the newspaper.

I am sure if we can get the numbers thru they will sell, so if anyone has any ideas as to how we can get people interested to read the ad and turn up please don't hold back!

It's also listed on realestate.com if anyone wants to have a look and tell me what you think

www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/reasearch?id=103002351&a=qfp&cu=fn-rea&t=rea&q=Go

Thanks

Tom:)

I've watched that go up (kudos to you!) and I'm suprised you're having trouble moving them.. unsure on your choice of Agent personally..

That gated community up the road further towards Bunnings looks full already, correct me if I'm wrong but it was marketed towards aged people? yours looks open to all comers? Do you really want to shift them they look like great renters.. especially in the aged market.. big change to shift advertising direction now or to draft new bylaws for the site.. an option though?

Please tell me you didnt buy that block underneath the Mobile Phone towers and alongside the water tank up the road.. its been split into two.. nuts.. hope they bought it for about $30K or something :)

(PM coming as well)

Thanks Duncan,

I have replied to your PM,

Yes we thought about keeping them and renting and may still do if we don't get any nibbles soon.

Our motivation to sell was to reduce some debt to allow us to proceed with a couple of other similar developments.

Tom

Lazy agent! I've just noticed the main photo of the site shows bits of building rubble and piles of unspread bark.. you've since removed the rubbish, and spread the bark etc.. that photo really lets the site down..

Nice Tommy

Hi Tommy,
They look v good don't they? The colours suit aged people too like me - I am 50 and my knees are creaking today!

Here's a stupid quibble for you-
The benchtops look like they have 90 degree flat edges. I was interested to see this as up this way most places now have the postformed rounded edges which do not chip as easily or dent childrens heads as easily.

Is this typical down your way?

I believe the rounded edges are a little more expensive, and maybe that was the reason.
I like the homettes. Haven't heard of homettes before.
Good Luck!

ps I vote for targetting oldies.:)

They look lovely. Maybe you could plant some flower beds as the outside looks a little clinical from the photos.

Hi folks,

Thanks for the replies, just to answer a couple of your comments

Giddo- the bench tops are post formed with pencil rounded corners, not a full 180 degrees which is what I was originally expecting - but they look quite good anyway.I don't think price was the reason.

Homettes, I think they lurk somewhere between a house and a unit - sort of a freestanding unit sized small house- that's my take on it anyway!

Skater-the photos are a few weeks out of date and a bit more landscaping has been done, there are a few plants and a lawn area in now.

Duncan- Yes I only spoke to the agent about the photos yesterday!

Tom:)

They look great to me. Perhaps a little cold, some furniture would enable people to visualise spaces more and add some colour. Can you borrow a double bed, little dining room table and 2 lounge chairs. They evidently help enormously

Back