Perth property listings - under 9,000

Agree totally Marisa. What your product is and where it's located has a massive influence on how long (or short) it stays on the market. Our 2 bed unit in Tuart hill has been on the market close to a month now. Initially admittedly we had a high price but have since lowered it. Had an offer Monday that's been withdrawn unfortunately but if the same unit was in the suburbs that are currently booming I'm pretty sure it would be under contract by now.

Ems

Hi Ems
Its also a timing thing, if you had it on the market perhaps 6-8 months ago it would have flown out the door?? would this be right?? as there was a huge demand for units in this area at the time and not enough stock, market has changed

Hope you sell it soon.:) all the best

Hi Ems
Its also a timing thing, if you had it on the market perhaps 6-8 months ago it would have flown out the door?? would this be right?? as there was a huge demand for units in this area at the time and not enough stock, market has changed

Hope you sell it soon.:) all the best

Yes 6 months would have been ideal Marisa but we just wasn't ready then. We've lowered the price as of yesterday so fingers crossed we get some interest over the weekend.

Cheers
Ems

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-hamilton+hill-116298743

Went to this Auction in the weekend, not to buy ( well unless the price was right! ) but just to have a look.

house needed a bit of work the kitchen and bathrooms were in poor condition.
you had to remove the garage and build a carport to get rear access.
House sold for 582,000.

I couldn't believe it, the whole front garden was full of people but only 2 people actually bidded, it didn't start slowing down till about 560,000 k.

Hi Blair
In comparison this one that went to auction was a very good deal, corner lot, all own frontage, will be rezoned R30 allows 3 good size villas, land over 900 sqm lot, sold for $650K.

The best pocket of Hammy Hill is the Manning Park Precinct your end product will sell for much more, however you pay more to get into this pocket, a matter of weighing it up.

MTR:)

Out she goes again, trend starting to develop now.

10,274 for sale

4 weeks ago

Same week last year

Listed For Rent

4 weeks ago

Same week last year

3 Months to February 2014
Median Rent: $460/wk
Vacancy Rate: 4.0%

Ah ok

I guess though it depends on which suburbs your looking at.I'm looking at 1 beds in 4-5 suburbs that are within a 5 km radius of each other. I'm trying to see what the pattern is. It looks like the stock levels are around the same amount for the last 6 months but I have heard from agents stock is low and they are looking for stock, hmmm maybe they are looking for stock because those 1 beds fly out the window pretty fast.

I have the reiwa stats for how many 1 beds were on the market in 2013, I'd need to go visit some sites to figure out Jan - April stats.

Reason I'm wondering is because I'll be selling soon and just hoping it is still a sellers market. I guess I'll find out soon.

When I get home later I'll compile a list of how many 1 beds near my ip that are on the market, then try to find the info/stats to see what the demand will be like when taking into account the stock level

Ah ok

I guess though it depends on which suburbs your looking at.I'm looking at 1 beds in 4-5 suburbs that are within a 5 km radius of each other. I'm trying to see what the pattern is. It looks like the stock levels are around the same amount for the last 6 months but I have heard from agents stock is low and they are looking for stock, hmmm maybe they are looking for stock because those 1 beds fly out the window pretty fast.

I have the reiwa stats for how many 1 beds were on the market in 2013, I'd need to go visit some sites to figure out Jan - April stats.

Reason I'm wondering is because I'll be selling soon and just hoping it is still a sellers market. I guess I'll find out soon.

2 things come to mind.

1) You have been "selling soon" for over 6 months now and started thinking about it a fair bit earlier. In that time the price gap between your properties and something that is more desirable to the wider market is only widening. Please, for your sake, get off your bum and make it happen. You are certainly in danger of selling a badly performing property after the "peak" and missing out on the upswing when it comes to your next purchase.

2) 1 bedders havent really performed that well for you. Highgate has done ok i guess but still has underperformed different sectors of the market. Why are you targeting that again for your next purchase? There are indeed people who do well from them though so im not discounting the possibility

Not in any way trying to sound or be harsh, hope it all works out for you but you really must work quicker and be more decisive.

just a bit of anecdotal evidence re the western suburbs. ive mentioned a few times in the past that im seeing more activity, i definitely feel this is the case.

i just returned from overseas and in the 12 days i was away a property in dalkeith came on the market and went under offer. a few doors away another property sold prior to auction after 2 or 3 weeks and other properties that have sat on the market for a while have gone under offer too. i still think the higher end of the western suburbs (say $3.5-6m) is struggling but in the $1.5-$3m mark im definitely noticing promising signs.

hopefully flows through for you ausprop.

Good for you Aus, onwards and upwards..... what's that damn saying "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger", alternatively a nice bottle of red may help;)

2 things come to mind.

2) 1 bedders havent really performed that well for you. Highgate has done ok i guess but still has underperformed different sectors of the market. Why are you targeting that again for your next purchase? There are indeed people who do well from them though so im not discounting the possibility

Not in any way trying to sound or be harsh, hope it all works out for you but you really must work quicker and be more decisive.

Hi Sanj :)

Im onto it. My unit will be on the market next week.

I'm not targeting 1 beds again, dunno why you think that. Ill be buying a house with land. :)

Edited to say:

Oh I think you misunderstood me or perhaps I wasnt clear. I was checking out comparable 1 bed prices and stats in the surrounding areas to work out approx how much I might get/or how much my unit might be valued at.

Last edited:
In my area SOR it was strongly a sellers market until February. Since then interest has fallen flat. The market appears to have died.

Back