People with holiday rental properties

Hi there,

For the last few months have been busy getting our holiday rental up and running, pleased to say it has gone well and now getting $2500-4000 per month in rent, which is awesome :)
I have been browsing the different websites for advertising as thus far I have only advertised on Stayz, I admit that it was going so well and I have been lazy, but now it would be nice to get generate some business outside of Stayz as the $15 per night booking fee is quite draining especially when you have no vacancy!

Which sites do you find effective at getting bookings, I dont mind if it isnt a huge amount, I just want one that you know tourists are visiting :) I have come across a few that don't look like they even have any properties listed on them! There are many out there

Thank you!

Ive heard that Airbnb is heavily favoured by overseas visitors and is really easy to use. Scott/Depreciator is a big fan and ive had some other friends mention it too.

Oddly enough i saw a bnb in east perth which is a modern townhouse with 3 or so bedrooms being listed on wotif the other day which i thought was a bit unusual so that may be worth looking into at some stage, if only to rule it out.

Thank you, yes I was referred to airbnb by him before but was put off by needing to put my face on my profile and people renting our bedrooms in their homes hehe.

This sounds very appealing, however if your property is listed on more than one site how do you manage double bookings?

I know when I book a room I prefer an instant booking process, not some sort of delay while availability is checked.

Also, I am not available to take emails/phone calls during part of the day so that would make things more difficult to confirm availability.

Back