Paint peeling of blueboard

Hi. After the rain a big piece of paint peeled of the facade. It was the blueboard feature in the pic attached (charcoal top bit of house). Ive got one of the peeled of pieces of paint and its got a grainy finish to it. Cant tell if the blueboard was rendered then painted over or one of those texture coat paints finishes applied. How do i proceed? Paint looks faded as well so not sure how i would go with color matching. Do i need to scrape everything off, then repaint? Or can i just scrape of the flaky bits and give everything a paint over with new paint of similar colour?

Attachments

• facade.jpg
    facade.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 125
Built in 07. That was the pic they used to advertise. Want to tack this weekend so if anyone has some advice...please comment.

I don't know a heap about painting, but it sounds like the surface may not have been primed. How hard would it be to get all the paint off?

From my view...quite hard due to the height. Not sure i feel safe up there scraping away. Would prefer to just repair the peeled of bits and give it all a recoat. But if it all hasnt been primed then eventually its all going to fall off right?

I would assume the risk is that the rest will peel off, but it has been there for seven years.
If getting it all off now is a big job, just get the loose stuff off and ask the paint shop what to put on the bare patches as a primer/undercoat and give it all a top coat.

I think so. Scared of heights but will venture up there this weekend. Looks like i have to give it all a re-coat regardless. So it all depends on how bad the rest of it is.

Back