On Line Dating

My experiences,

back in my 20s I tried online dating, I was single, had no kids, and I am average looking, was fairly fit, and the rest was just average.

My online dating experience sucked

Rejection, rejection, rejection,

The 20s girls profiles that I was contacting/reading were full of lists of demands/requiremetns, Capital letters of women barking orders, comments such as "I can pick up anyone at a bar, but Im looking for someone serious", crapy profiles, bad spelling, stupid quotes, saying how good they are, and how they deserve the best, how they want their guy to be chivalrous (ie pay for everything, shower with gifts, put up with their behavior)

Fast forward over a decade, im in my late 30s and seeking someone a lot older then the 20s that I used to, and now the tables have turned 180 degrees, and its truly disgusting

many profiles are still full of similar stuff but much much less. I am now divorced with kids and a lower income, but yet the tables have turned,. I now get women in their 30s, throwing them selves at me,

It stinks of desperation and many are very bitter and have more baggage then the check in counter at Virgin at Melbourne Airport. They all say comments such as "Where have all the good men gone??" and "Im a nice woman, im ready to settle down with a financially stable (ie rich) guy who has already bought their own home".

feel free to call me a sexist pig, but I give no sympathy to these people, you made your bed, now you have to lay in it. and its sure as hell unattractive, some of these ones that I give a chance and go on a date on them and all they seem to want to talk about is how the dating scene sux and how every guy is a pig....naturally I dont go on a second date with the mjaority of these ladies

Last edited:
I didn't agree with her article about the whole "avoiding talking to or asking out" scenario as a new thing. She must be young.

When I was a teenager and even young adult; it was really hard to get up the nerve to go and talk to women of interest in a bar or whatever...pretty standard stuff for blokes - fear of rejection.

I don't think that has changed.

As for chivalry and so on...not as common anymore.

Generally speaking, lower socio class people are more likely to be obese?
Maybe due to poorer decision making, and perhaps, life style limitations
Would that be a fair claim?
Yes, it's a fair claim, but the "limitations" are not valid.

I'm not even sure what that means? What is a "lifestyle limitation"?:confused:

I often see folks in the line ahead of me at the local supermarket (I hardly ever go shopping at these places but when I do go I tend to observe - bad habit of mine, I know).

It's a bit scary how often you see the large-ish family with their selection of items in the trolley - chips, soft drinks, etc etc...

Meanwhile there are rows and rows of healthy items they could have chosen in the same building.

Hi all

I met my wife through RSVP quite a few years ago, she is an absolute sensation in every way. I sometimes reflect back and recall her profile photo and details and recall that I was about to move on and look at others. Something told me to look further into her profile and the rest is history.

For a man I am firmly of the belief that the best investment we can make is having a great partner, she is the nicest person I have ever met.

Finally, I recall an initial telephone conversation with a lady I met online, it was like a checklist being worked through. I couldn't help but feel that she thought that she was the bees knees in the dating circle. Interesting that I politely ended the interview earlier than she had anticipated that it was going to end (as I am sure her experience was that most guys went through the process and then she ended the interview), after that she contacted me continuously to meet, 2 weeks later had my 1st meet with my future wife :)

2nd finally :), a mate was on RSVP a couple of years ago and I asked him to see if that lady's profile was still on...yep. RSVP taught me much about people.

I am grateful to on-line dating and always reflect on the sliding door I went through......I was blessed.

regards

Bunlee
What a great story, and good for you for taking a chance:)

I under estimated this dating on line thing, it was very much frowned upon in my dating days, you would have been considered an absolute loser if you even mentioned it.

MTR:)

Hey MTR

Thank you for your kind reply in the 1st sentence.

Re your 2nd sentence. I will be honest though, we do not tell people (although my wife doesn't care if people know) about how we met, in fact, we tell a different version (read: lie). I think I am a loser of sorts for feeling funny about being open about the on-line thing but I really do feel funny about it.

Irony - I feel if people know I feel that they think I am a bit of a loser but the the tag fits through my dishonesty :)

At least I am telling the truth to the SS community :)

Disclosure: I feel on-line dating is a fine way to meet someone if used appropriately and with manners and integrity towards people

regards

Totally get it, so what, if you don't disclose, its your business. Hey, I met my partner in a dodgy night club, not something I mention too often.

... I met my wife through RSVP quite a few years ago, she is an absolute sensation in every way. ...
For a man I am firmly of the belief that the best investment we can make is having a great partner, she is the nicest person I have ever met.

I was blessed.

I think I just fell a little bit in love with you Bunlee.

I didn't agree with her article about the whole "avoiding talking to or asking out" scenario as a new thing. She must be young.

When I was a teenager and even young adult; it was really hard to get up the nerve to go and talk to women of interest in a bar or whatever...pretty standard stuff for blokes - fear of rejection.

I don't think that has changed.

As for chivalry and so on...not as common anymore.

I totally disagree with you on the one BV,

to me the article stinks of the usual typical feminist drivel of "I want my cake and eat it too. I only agree with the title, the rest of the article does have some truth to it, but the tones are just typically condescending

the usual comments about why men cant be this, cant be that,
men are weak, women are strong blah blah blah

and I laughed out with loud with" Yet again, women are left to do all the work. We?re left playing both sides of the game ",

TMNT, I know you've been hurt in the past. But try not to let it colour your opinion of all women.

I understand what you are saying PG, but even if you look at it objectively, anyone with any degree of commonsense re article can see its the usual feminist attitude thats imbedded from the first line till the end,

at least the title isnt as bad

look, I have a good friend and when it comes to dating is a complete pig, Ive told him that I think his behavior is disgusting, but he is my friend at the end of the day. if he comes to me and complains about how bad women are, I will shut him down in an instant (thankfully he isnt the type to complain). Its just how society has become and what is deemed as acceptable or noraml.

Its like spelling, its getting worse and worse in the younger generations!! even mine is getting worse and its turning into the norm. Doesnt mean its right or whether people like it

I understand what you are saying PG, but even if you look at it objectively, anyone with any degree of commonsense re article can see its the usual feminist attitude thats imbedded from the first line till the end,

at least the title isnt as bad

The article is juvenile drivel. That is not because the author is a feminist (whether or not she is is up for debate), but rather because the author is an idiot. I wouldn't consider the article feminist at all, quite the opposite actually.

If I were single, I would be online dating in a heartbeat.

Main reason because it is an easier way of casting a wider net to meet someone.

I met my girlfriend at the hairdressers. She was sitting quietly while her Dad got his haircut. I rumbled in with 3 mates, making noise and generally being annoying (being going to said hairdresser for 10 years).

That night, she spotted me in a bar and we talked and exchanged numbers and the rest is history.

3 years with her tomorrow.

Hello Blueberry I'm a berry too.

You guys should hook up.

4529f345e74a6a27ccf74791e0aa7e12.jpg

Back