new US property website

For all anyone interested in searching or discussing properties in the US, here is the link to a brand new website. If it's anything like the creator's other website (bookcrossing.com) it will be very successful.

http://www.propsmart.com

cheers

I had fun arriety! (is your screen name from the borrowers?) I had a great time looking around. I want one that comes with snow!

hi wish-ga,
yeh, my screen name is from Borrowers only I spelt it incorrectly! should have 2 Ts!! did you read the books when you were a kid?

There is a thread somewhere on this forum posted by a guy who has been buying in the US for good rental yields. It was a bit of work but he enjoyed it and got to go for visit!

I like the use of Google maps. For a location, you can see where all properties are for sale- and each property's price and address shows on mouseover. Clicking on a marker pops up the property details. It's nice to be able to switch to a satellite view, optionally with street names.

arriety said:
Oh so that's what the little markers on google maps are! It's taken me a while to work out how to use maps.
I've recently used markers on Google Earth quite effectively. I was evaluating a potential Subway site- I marked all the points of interest (shops, motels, schools etc) and sent off the saved file to the Subway people to evaluate. The satellite view gave streets more information than an explanation of even a map.

arriety said:
hi wish-ga,
yeh, my screen name is from Borrowers only I spelt it incorrectly! should have 2 Ts!! did you read the books when you were a kid?

There is a thread somewhere on this forum posted by a guy who has been buying in the US for good rental yields. It was a bit of work but he enjoyed it and got to go for visit!

Didn't read the books but saw this version http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105957/ and loved it. The other day there was a version on TV that had John Goodman... did not like that version at all. Very industrial and a frenetic pace. Lost that English countryside appeal.

I love Arrietty's name & think it is a Fabulous screen name... "The Borrowers", kinda apt too. :D

wish-ga - I missed the English series but saw the movie and like you was disappointed in it although the 'borrower' characters were sweet and much like I imagined them!

Geoffw - I'm going to try using the markers right now!

ps - can either of you tell me how to use the 'Originally Posted by arriety' type quote. I've just been cutting and pasting and then pressing the wrap quote tags button but it doesn't say who quoted the quote. Hope this makes sense.

arriety said:
ps - can either of you tell me how to use the 'Originally Posted by arriety' type quote. I've just been cutting and pasting and then pressing the wrap quote tags button but it doesn't say who quoted the quote. Hope this makes sense.
Instead of just using the "
" tag, use "
Arriety said:
"

Also, if you reply using the "Reply" button instead of the "quick reply", the post will be included in the quote tages for you. You can trim down the quioted text if you want.

geoffw said:
Instead of just using the "
" tag, use "
Arriety said:
"

Also, if you reply using the "Reply" button instead of the "quick reply", the post will be included in the quote tages for you. You can trim down the quioted text if you want.

I think I've got it now. Thanks for that Geoff, I knew you'd reply quickly. I was going to new post and then trying to find the correct quotes.

try again

arriety said:
I think I've got it now. Thanks for that Geoff, I knew you'd reply quickly. I was going to new post and then trying to find the correct quotes.

oops, I think I'm getting into a mess

Um, yes. I included the actual tags in the post, because I knew that without the closing tags, they would display as I wanted. But when you quoted my post, that messed up all the tags

wish-ga said:
I had fun arriety! (is your screen name from the borrowers?) I had a great time looking around. I want one that comes with snow!
SNOW!!!!!! thats a four letter word here....lol
We finally got rid of the last little bit, but the next foot or so I'll mail you.

Back